would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ongoing complaint and minimum guaranteed line speeds

21 REPLIES 21
Franes
Popular Poster

Morning,

Firstly I spent 1 hour on the phone to CS regarding the fact that if I ever so slightly touch or move my router connection drops. This eventually lead to me raising a complaint as the rep on the phone said I would have to pay for a replacement. 

The resolution given to me was to video the fault (I felt I wasn't being believed) which I did do And email to support. 

Since then I've heard absolutely nothing.

I also don't get speeds anywhere near my minimum speed of 45mb. The most I get is 39. If I moved provider they are offering speeds from 55mb  

I have been in this contract since Jan and I really am getting fed up  

Please can someone advise on the next steps. Without sitting on the phone for hours upon hours. 

Francis 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Francis, welcome to the community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday {office hours}

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number.

Now a couple of suggestions which I am sure you will have tried.

1. Have you checked all the connections physically? Cables do have faults and can be replaced. 
  2. Have you rebooted your router

Which router do you have?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Franes
Popular Poster
Hi. After replacing the phone cable it seems to have sorted the disconnection issue. Thanks

Regarding the speed. Due to all the disconnects would my speed have been reduced as it thinks I have an unstable line.
Community Team

Hi Francis 

Apologies for the delay.

If the connection was dropping then this will affect the sync speed.

Has the speed started to increase since the connection has remained stable?

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

I have had a stable line for a week now and still no improvement.

I am getting wired DL speeds of 38mb, my line apparently should be 55-70.

Thanks 

Francis

Community Team

Hi Francis

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster
Yes Debbie.

In the test socket I have 38mb.
Community Team

Hi Franes,

Just to confirm, do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Franes
Popular Poster

I don't have an alternative router, the router isn't the issue now, my sync speed of 38mb is, when I have estimates of 49-73mb and a guaranteed minimum of 40mb. 

This whole process is getting tiresome now.

Community Team

Hi Franes

If the sync speed hasn't increased at the test socket then the next step would be to test with a different router.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster

Yes please Debbie,

Francis

Community Team

Hi Francis

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

Thanks for sending the new router.

I can confirm that this is exactly the same and has synced at 37mb

Community Team

Hi Francis,

Current sync speed is 41.6Mbps. Could you leave the new router connected over the weekend to give DLM chance to respond to any improvement in errors/disconnections. Can you bump the thread on Mondays and we'll see how you're getting on

Thanks

Chris

Franes
Popular Poster

Hi,

Still no improvement over the last week.

Community Team

Hi Franes

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 41mb. I can see a re connection, have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster
The breaker was switched off in my property for some electrical work.

To be frank Debbie I don't think 41mb is acceptable compared to my "promised" speeds.

Talktalk have been disappointing from day 1. Spending countless time on the phone. I have a complaint in and the doesn't escalate any resolution. I actually am very desperate to cancel my contract now.

Community Team

Hi Franes

Apologies for this.

I can escalate your complaint and a Complaints Manager would then contact you to discuss this further. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Franes
Popular Poster

Hi,

I have recently had a telephone engineer out and there was a problem with my wiring, which is now sorted.

I have reconnected the hub and this has a downstream of 44000, would that not be indicative of being on a banded profile. If so can this be lifted and any DLM be rest.

Thanks

Francis

Community Team

Hi Francis

Thanks for your reply.

When did the engineer complete this work as I can see re connections on the line over the last few days?

Debbie