Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Online checker is wrong

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Tried to sign up for TT online putting in my postcode and phone number. It came up with"Service isn't in your area" message.

This was wrong as (1) There's TT LLU in the exchange (2) Neighbours have TT and (3) My old ISP is First Utility who use TT

Ended up signing up just using postcode. I think you should get this fixed.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@zofbtb Welcome to the community.

It could be that ur phone line number is not on the data base but ur postcode is as i have found this on other site which ask the same for me.

If u need any help just post in the correct area on here and the team will help.

just need to finsh of ur profile so thew oce can help.

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, the number mustn't be in the database. It should be though. Surely the info should be 100% correct for valid UK landline numbers.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@zofbtb 

Seems not the case as bt opteach  hold the main powers that is why bt and bt opteach have been made to slit.

but i am sure talktalk team will feed it back to someone.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks, it is in TT's own interest to sort this out as it immediately turns away potential customers
Highlighted
Community Star

There is nothing to fix. Only BT numbers are on their database, other LLU providers need to use the address checker.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Surely there is. I typed my number in and TT's website said erroneously that their services weren't available. Doubly strange as my previous ISP was First Utility who use TT's infrastructure.
Highlighted
Community Star

Apologies, I didn't realise you meant via TalkTalk's website, I was thinking of the BT/Openreach checker. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

@zofbtb

Thanks for flagging this, Ill pass this onto the relevant team for investigation. 

Regards