Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Only getting 2 mbps

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

Only getting2mbps, got the latest hub just the same, last time i rang, they put phone down on me. Got 6 months left on my contract, cant wait to leave!!

John
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

OK, can you give us a bit more information? Have you worked your way through the help article?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-slow-broadband-speeds/ta-p/2204649

Highlighted
First Timer

Done all that, twice, its got to be due to problem with openreach. This is the first time ive been in touch with anyone who seems interested!

John
Highlighted
Community Star

We are interested in getting things sorted here!  🙂

Unfortunately the online support team will not be back online until Monday, but they will gladly look into this for you when they are. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jonwinks

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the speed is low.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes, connected to test socket

John
Highlighted

Hi Jonwinks

Thanks for your reply.

As you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Jonwinks

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 22/01/2020 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Problem solved! Openreach sorted it in a couple of hours. Now getting 35 mbps ! Well pleased, thank you

John
Highlighted

Hi Jonwinks,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks