cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Open Reach has updated fibre availability for my property when will i be able to place an order?

ANSWERED
42 REPLIES 42
stephenmaxted
Team Player

I have been corresponding with Open Reach and on Monday 15th Feb I received the following in an email from their 'Fibre Enquiries team' that said "  I'm really pleased to be able to advise you that FTTP fibre is now available for you to order.  Please contact your chosen Service Provider who will be able to place an order for you."

The Openreach Fibre checker website now says I can order and lists TalkTalk as a supplier for my home but I still cannot place an order with TalkTalk.

How can this problem be rectified?

Turkleton
Participant

Although openreach have done their necessary work for fttp, Talktalk must also have installed the required cablelink in your local exchange. Putting your postcode into the checker will let you know if this is done and if you can order.

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Thank you, what about Fibre 65 which should also be available according to Open Reach but not according to TalkTalk?

Turkleton
Participant

Are Talktalk offering you any fibre products at all? 

You can put your details into https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com which will tell you which services are available at your premises.

At the top it will have details on VDSL, which will give you an idea of the speeds openreach think your line should be capable of, as well as whether the fibre cabinet you're connected to has any capacity (if it says waiting list or similar, this may be why talktalk can't offer you any fibre products right now).

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @stephenmaxted

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

stephenmaxted
Team Player
Solution

My profile now includes my TalkTalk phone number. Please investigate as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I have just received the following from TalkTalk by email:-

"Please be advised that Fibre is not available in your area but we are extending our fibre network in the UK every day"

This reply does not make sense. It is difficult to believe that the TalkTalk Tem member had checked the OpenReach 'availability site' which is clear that Fibre IS available. @Nolwazi Mkhize please check OpenReach and also BT who will supply to my home.

If TalkTalk can't sort this out I will need to leave and go to BT!

OCE_Arne

HI stephenmaxted

It is sometimes the case that although the exchange and the PCP (Green cabinet) is enabled for fibre (FTTC) that we have not purchased capacity just yet. But as demand grows it will become active. 

We can only ask for your patience. 

stephenmaxted
Team Player

I have been patient for far too long - ever since I first became a TalkTalk customer some years ago.

If TalkTalk can't sort themselves out I will be leaving and expect to do so without penalty. The unlimited fast fibre service I have at present is very unstable. Streaming TV drops out most evenings. You will find a number of complaints on file from me over the years.

My understanding is that a fibre supply would be more stable and it is galling to constantly receive adverts for TalkTalk fibre only to be told that it cannot be supplied!

Please sort it out quickly and let me know when i can place an order!

OCE_Arne

Hi stephenmaxted

I'm sorry that you are unhappy. Unfortunately there is no way to force capacity to become available, I understand your frustration, and can see that a complaint has been made to our CEO office.

I will re-escalate this for you

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Thank you for escalating the complaint.

I have been trying to get Fibre service from TalkTalk since March 2019 hence my extreme frustration with the situation.

There is unacceptable instability in the broadband supply and it dropped again last night at 20:18 while I was streaming a TV programme via Amazon Prime.

This does need urgent attention.

OCE_Arne

Im not sure that they can expedite a fibre connection, but they can look into the current drop outs.  

Let us know how it goes. 

stephenmaxted
Team Player

Internet dropped again this evening at 20:31 while streaming content from Amazon Prime.

This is a continuing problem.

OCE_Arne
stephenmaxted
Team Player
Thank you. I look forward to hearing the result of the investigation.
stephenmaxted
Team Player

We have just had another 'drop out' at approx 10:40 today (Tuesday 2nd March).

This does need to be fixed!

stephenmaxted
Team Player

My internet service dropped out fro approx 45 mins from just before 12 noon GMT today Wednesday 3rd March.

This instability is completely unacceptable!

OCE_Michelle

Hi stephen,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you been contacted by our CEO Team?

Thanks

stephenmaxted
Team Player

No, I have not had any contact from the CEO Team.

Yours

Stephen Maxted