Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OpenReach Fault Repair--Where is it????

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I got myself connected to TalkTalk fibre on 15 Aug.  The OpenReach engineer who came to complete the connection knocked on our door and talked to my wife.  He told her that there was a utility strike on our line, somewhere in the footpath opposite our house.  He said our service would be slow and intermittent.  We wouldn't be getting the fibre service that we paid for but they would fix it.  2 days later a different engineer comes out to complete further diagnostics on the line.  He also speaks to my wife and tells her that our case for a new connection would be closed, but a new one for a repair would be raised.  They should be out the following week to complete it.

2 weeks later and no Open Reach engineers have been out.  Our new fibre connection (complete with 18 month contract) is nearly unusable.  We can't use Youtube, Netflix, Amazon prime, games and even basic web pages are very slow to load and frequently time out. I've tried contacting TalkTalk customer service on 2 different occasions and they either refused to listen to accept that OpenReach advised us of a fault or just couldn't be bothered calling them to find out when they'll be by to repair the line.  I was given a number to contact OpenReach myself, but they will only speak to internet service providers and not private home owners.

I'm now paying for fibre but getting the service of dial up.  I know there is a fault but can't get an update on what's happening.  C'mon TalkTalk......help a customer out here.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi smiddy,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Profile has been updated with requisite info

Highlighted

Hi smiddy1968,

I've logged this over to our network team for further investigation. Is your telephone service working OK? Any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks!  The telephone line can be crackly at times but we don't use it much.  It doesn't cut in and out though.

Highlighted

Hi

A bridge tap is showing on the line. Also I'm now detecting a Battery contact fault on part of the line.

I've asked networks to dispatch a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you so much Karl!

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

I'll reply back as soon as I have confirmation.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl.  HOpefully Open Reach already have a new case raised but are just waiting for a road permit or something like that.

Highlighted

Hi

Openreach have now requested access times for an engineer to visit.  I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Update-- Open Reach engineer was scheduled to come out today 8am-1pm but has yet to turn up. 

In the meantime, I've been connected to TalkTalk 'fibre' for 3 weeks now but can not: play online xbox games, stream Netflix, stream Amazon and loading a web page takes ages and constantly times out.  There's a known fault on my line but no one wants to fix it and there's no one to turn to get it done.  I'm paying for a service I can't use and even paid for an upgraded wifi box which was a waste if the line is gubbed.

Anyone had luck getting compensation in a similar situation?

Highlighted

Hi @smiddy1968

Openreach came out but did not visit the premises.  They located a fault out to the line and went directly to this.  They have identified that further work is required to repair the fault.  This has been passed internally within Openreach for their 2nd stage teams, so the fault case is still open with Openreach.

I'll ask our network teams to chase them for an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

My wife didn't see anyone come out but at this point that doesn't matter.  If Open Reach have an open case to resolve and will come out and fix it, then that's what matters. An idea of when that work is planned would be great.  It's a residential area so hopefully any road permits would be easy enough to get.

Thanks for pursuing this very frustrating situation, Karl!!  

Highlighted

Hi

Networks have called through to Openreach.  There is an engineer scheduled to work on this today and openreach have asked us to follow up after 24hrs.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Fingers crossed we can get this issue closed down today.

Highlighted

I'll cross everything here hoping that BT bring a swift resolution for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

So BT came out and the engineer said they are aware of the fault.  It is with their Civils department as it requires a dig in the pavement.  The pavement is even marked with where the dig needs to take place.  They have known about the issue for 3 weeks and have no idea when it will actually get done.  My issue keeps getting pushed backed to the queue.

I have been without service for 3 weeks, and continue to be, so I am due compensation.  I also would like this raised as a formal complaint as I was advised that an issue like this has SLAs which have been seriously breached.  My fault reference is 224307685.

I will be lodging a complaint with Open Reach myself but I would also like TalkTalk to raise a complaint too.  I have been left indefinitely without service and I am paying for it.

Highlighted

Hi smiddy1968

I'm sorry to hear this.

If dig work is required this may require a survey and permission from the council.

I can raise a complaint to our CEO's Office so this can be discussed with a Complaints Manager. Just to advise this may not result in the work being completed any quicker as this may depend on surveys/planning etc.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Debbie!  Please do raise this as a complaint.

My wife works for a utility company so she's aware of what's needed for a dig.  This is a residential street in a housing estate and it's in the public footpath so it's not a complicated dig.  The engineer said that the Civils team haven't even looked at the job and applied for a permit.  It's just been sitting there for 3 weeks with no one even working on it.

In the meantime, I'm paying for something I'm not getting and this won't ever get done if a complaint isn't lodged.  I'd also like the compensation which I believe I'm due.

Highlighted

Hi smiddy1968

I've escalated your complaint over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie