cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Order issue but TalkTalk not contactable.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

We applied for broadband 3 weeks ago, we have logging details to log into "My Account", received a phone number which works (phone line is live), however we still haven't received our router nor the broadband credentials.

When logging into "My Account", the order shows as cancelled. This is weird as the phone is working, direct debit has been set-up.

Can you please confirm whom we could contact to at least get our broadband credentials? (we could use our spare router while receiving yours)

We tried contacting you for several weeks without success, all your phone lines are closed.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

The support team here will look into this for you, but the high level of enquiries means that it may be a few days before you get a response. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I can understand it can take some time due to the current circumstances, though what I do not understand is that TalkTalk is about to take the first payment (for an higher amount than my monthly rate) and I never received any service, I do not even have the router yet! It would only be fair for the direct debit to be put on hold until my Broadband connection is in place.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

TalkTalk have now taken a payment but I still haven't received my broadband credentials, not even my router! Can TalkTalk please refund my first instalment (higher than the excepted monthly payment) and send my credentials + router?

A phone call or even an email would be appreciated, never heard from anyone at TalkTalk since I raised the issue weeks ago.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
This is becoming ridiculous, TalkTalk is now charging me and never sent me the router and broadband credentials. I am not even asking for the router right now (I have a spare one I could use), just the credentials. But complete radio silence from TalkTalk for weeks, they are just happy taking my money. I appreciate everyone is busy but not a single contact after several weeks is unacceptable. I am in the same boat as everyone else. I also need to work from home but thanks to TalkTalk I am not able to for several weeks. As a matter of fact, I have been cycling to my old flat every day for 3 weeks where I can use Virgin Media from there, not the best of situation because of the lockdown but no choice.
Highlighted
Community Star

I am sorry to hear this, but you really need to just wait for a response here. Many people are waiting for support and repeated posts will not help, they just knock you back in the queue each time. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi QueenMary,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days, apologies for the delay

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, but now I am £110 out of pocket as I had to order a 4G LTE router + SIM as no one at TalkTalk would even acknowledge the issue for several weeks. You also billed me £24.11 on the 24/04/2020 knowing I have no access to internet.

Firstly, please refund my £24.11 and only start billing (the right amount this time!) once I have internet at the right speed.

Secondly, how can TalkTalk compensate me for the £110 I had to spend (I can provide receipts)?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Could please TalkTalk refund £2.05 for the period 24/04/2020 until 01/05/2020 (when I was billed £24.11 and I did not even have a router during that time) and set-up a direct debit of £21.95 on the 01st of each month)?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi  QueenMary

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards