Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PIA VPN Not working

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

Just like user petruccs, I am also having issues connecting to my VPN. Could I also get a new router (HG633) to test if I can access my VPN service?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Galaxyway

Thanks for creating a new thread.

Please can you also add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, I can then send the HG633 router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

I have now updated my profile as requested.

Highlighted

Hi Galaxyway

Thank you 🙂

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

So will this router completely replace my original TalkTalk Wifi Hub i.e. will the HG633 act as both Modem and Router?

Highlighted

Hi Galaxyway

Yes, this is just a different make and model of router.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I received the router you sent however the router is not the HG633 you have sent the same TalkTalk WiFi Hub and this one also blocks my access to VPN. On that note my friend also has the same TalkTalk WIFI Hub at his home and I am able to login to my VPN. Can you advise what the issue might be? Do these new WiFi Hubs come with some sort of block which I can change in the settings? Alternatively please send me the HG633 to test.

Highlighted

Hi

The Hub should not be blocking VPN access, but I've a huawei model on the way so you can retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

Yes I know it shouldn't be blocking but it is, the next test I would do is to take my Hub to my friends house to see if I can access my VPN from his house with my Hub. I will update you with that. Thanks for sending the HG633, I will update you with that once I get a chance. 

Highlighted

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

You have sent the same WIFI Hub isn't the HG633 an older router?

Highlighted

Hi Galaxyway

The HG633 is a Super Router. The WiFI Hub is the latest router.

Did you receive another WiFi Hub? Have you tested with this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Yes I received another WiFi Hub which is the Huawei version which also didn't work. My original WiFi Hub is the Sagemcom version. The other day I was at my friends house who has the Sagemcom-FAST5364 version, I was able to login to my VPN service without any issues. I just want to be able to access my VPN, I would prefer to be able to do that with my router (WiFi Hub) but if the Super router is going to work then I will have to do that.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I just checked My router on the TalkTalk website and it says that my  current router is Huawei-DG8041W even though it says SagemCom on the back of it? see attached

Highlighted

Hi Galaxyway,

Could I just confirm, does this affect both wired and wireless on both routers? VPN has been tested on both of the wifi hubs and should work fine, unless possibly it's related to a particular version of VPN but I can see from your post that it worked on your friends wifi hub.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

sorry not sure what you mean "does this affect both wired and wireless on both routers"?

Yes the VPN works when I dont use my WiFi Hub i.e. it works everywhere else. Could you advise why on my TalkTalk account/login it says my router version is Huawei-DG8041W whereas on the back of the router it is the Sagemcom-FastXXXX version?

Highlighted

Hi Galaxyway,

Just asking if you experience the same issue with your VPN if you connect to the router by wifi and by Ethernet cable

Sorry but where exactly are you seeing Huawei-DG8041W?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

I can see the Huawei on my online account in the service centre section where it shows Your router (find out more) see attached screenshot.

Highlighted

OK thanks, do you have the Sagemcom connected at the moment? I currently can't communicate with your router

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Yes the Sagemcom is connected, I have also tried the health check online an di believe there are issues with my connection/internet in general.