Hello, as of late (these past 3 days), i've been getting random service drops now and then, this has never happened to me during the three months I've been on "fiber". My main frustrations are the intermittent ping spikes which I notice most obviously when I play multiplayer games and playing these games is admittedly all I've been doing with my free time while I've had fibre, so the change is glaringly obivous. Do not ask me to do a traceroot as a diagnostic because I've already done it multiple times to google.co.uk, sometimes the ping is fine at 5ms (the normal rate), then it spikes to 50/60ms (in relation to my games, I usually get around a good 30ms and the ping spikes to around an unplayable 200ms very suddenly and does this on and off throughout my time playing, which is a very stressful feeling, nevermind the internet dropping out completely). Today, the total internet service drops are getting worse and worse it feels like I'm back on the original depreciated ADSL that had previously given me much stress throughout my entire life on the internet.
I'm in South East London, has there been any service problems recently, around the area? This is driving me crazy.
I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?
Hello, I just checked there is no dial tone on the phone and the Internet is turning off and on constantly today so I cannot get consistent use of it for more than 1 minute sometimes, thats why my reply has taken so long. Please help, thanks.
Just to let you know that the problem isn't the router. I tried the talktalk router and my older tp link router. Both the same exact results. Ping is stable around 5ms, jerks up to 100ms or so, every 5 seconds which causes very noticeable lag. Sometimes up to 5000+ms. I used cmd to ping, I used an external website to ping. I used an ethernet cable to my desktop to ping, I used the wifi on my tablet to ping. All the same result using both routers. After these painstaking tests, the routers are ruled out, the hardware ruled out and the wall socket should definitely be ruled out since openreach installed a brand new socket not long ago. It has nothing to do with my end, please fix this.