Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Paying for 76mb/s speeds have dramatically dropped

4 REPLIES 4
Robberto94
First Timer

Good evening I have been with you for well over a year now my speeds were fine for what i was promised i got between 55mb/s to 59mb/s and now over the past month these have dramatically reduced to nearly half of what I was getting, I've tried everything that is suggested to fix it with turning the router off by the mains for 30mins or more on many occasions aswell as using the test socket on my master socket still no improvement. here are my sync rates along with my promised speeds and a few sped tests done over the past few days.

Hope someone can get in contact and help me get this sorted.

kind regards 

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

Robertpromised speed.PNGwhat you actually get.PNG2nd speed test.PNG

Community Team

Hi Robberto94,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Robberto94
First Timer

no i removed it from the test socket and is back into the master socket, and i wouldn't know as don't own a house phone or even use it,But what i can tell you is that my building has been going through some renovations by lovell recently and they had contractors to come in and redo the bt cables into the flats, its only really ever since then the speeds have been dropping. Plus i dont even think they were BTOR who came and installed new cables coming into the flats. Also i wouldn't know as i have never owned a house phone only use it for the broadband and tv.

Robberto94
First Timer

just a little update to speeds at this current time aswell using a wired connection

https: //www.speedtest.net/result/8112381801

Community Team

Hi Robberto94,

Ok thanks for the update. Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the voice service?

Thanks