cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Paying for speeds up to 72mbps, router receiving 79mbps, actual speeds <30mbps, help!

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

I'm on faster fibre with the speed boost, paying for up to 72mbps odd. Accessing 192.168.1.1, the incoming connection shows a download speed of 79.7mbps, excellent. So the connection from the exchange to my flat is perfect.

I have a wired connection to the router on the master socket, cable is <2m long.

Why are my speeds half what they should be? Upload is very close to the stated incoming connection speed on the router, but the download speed is half. 

No one from the web chat team has been able to directly help so far, they are apparently monitoring the line for 48 hours. This isn't good enough in my opinion, I've told them that the connection is fine because I can see a reading of 79.7mbps! 

Nothing else is sapping speed, no other devices, I've disabled antivirus and retested, cleared caches, network utilisation is <1% in task manager.

Any real help would be greatly appreciated, I find this whole scenario ludicrous.

Thanks

James Audsley
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi James

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie