Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone Line & Super Fast Broadband Not Working

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

At around 11:30am today my phone line and my fibre just stopped working.

I called Talktalk but it was just an automated service, i really want to talk to a human. When i log in to my Talktalk it appears there is an issue between the exchange and my house.

I really need this fixed asap as I am working from home due to the pandemic and now i can't.

Can you please urgently help?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi wallsat,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the fault has been passed to Openreach for investigation. We usually advise between 48-72hrs for the investigation to be completed, however Openreach are working faults as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Michelle

Do you have visibility as to when openreach have been booked in for?

Would it be tomorrow?

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi wallsat

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, they don't provide a date as this is not an appointed visit.

It appears that this fault is part of a bigger fault which Openreach are working to fix as soon as possible. We should hopefully have further updates tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Debbie

As it is part of a larger problem, is there a service status page or talk talk/openreach website to get the latest status?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi wallsat

Apologies, it's not an outage but it appears to be related a fault they are investigating.

I will check on this later this afternoon to see if there are any additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi wallsat

I've checked again this afternoon but there are no further updates at the moment, apologies for this.

I will check this again tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks for the update, hopefully tomorrow morning bears some better news
Highlighted
Team Player
Morning

Any update to this please?

I'm struggling to WFH due to this

Thank You
Highlighted

Hi wallsat

I checked the fault ticket this morning but there were no updates as yet. I will keep checking this throughout the day and I will post back on this thread with any additional information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

Any update please and is there a way I can have visibility on the status of the fault ticket?

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi wallsat

I have asked our Network Team if they can contact Openreach for an update/further information.

I will post back here once I receive this information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Debbie

I hoping this will be resolved today as it will be 72 days from midday today
Highlighted

Hi wallsat

Openreach have advised that this fault is scheduled for 30-06-2020 all day slot, just external work, not an appointed visit.

Apologies for the delays.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks for the update - what is the actual fault?

Looks like I'll be a week without phone/internet which is really frustrating as I can't WFH

Highlighted

Hi wallsat

They have only advised that external work needs to be completed. We will have further information once the engineer has completed the work and updated the notes.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

Is this all on course to be fixed today because 1 week without phone and internet and unable to communicate with people in this lockdown feels like a lifetime?

Thank You
Highlighted

Hi wallsat

Apologies for this.

We have received the following update from Openreach:

An Openreach Engineer has been assigned to carry out work on the service. We will run further checks to confirm the service is working.

We should receive further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

Is it any update please?

Thank You
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

Can I please get an update?

Thanks