Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone line and broadband dead since upgrade

11 REPLIES 11
Willfox87
Sightseer

Hi,

ive upgraded to fibre 35 today, had no internet connection since this morning, I’ve had an email over 2 hours ago to say I’ve gone live but the router still has orange flashing light (no connection) and the phone line is dead (no dial tone) is this normal? Desperately need my wifi to work from home tomorrow! 

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Willfox87,

If the phone line is dead then that is not normal, it can sometimes take until midnight for the broadband to work properly, but the phone line should be working as soon as Openreach have moved your line over to Fibre in the cabinet.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘Run a live connection test’ on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, but it may take them two or three working days to get to this topic. You will get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Willfox87
Sightseer

Hi thanks for the reply, yeah I’ve ran a test on the line and it says talk talk has an issue but I’ve had no correspondence to say what the issue is or how long it will take I wasn’t sure if this was just a normal part of switching over, I will call them tomorrow. Thanks again 

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Will,

I'm sorry for the delay. How are you getting on, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Willfox87
Sightseer

Hi, still no broadband or phone line, been told there’s a fault on my line which is funny it was absolutely fine until my go live day Last week! been told I need to wait for openreach investigate the fault but been given no time frame and no one I can contact, 6 days now and nothing 

OCE_Michelle

Hi Will,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Willfox87
Sightseer

Hi, I have updated my landline number in my profile, 

thanks

OCE_Michelle

Hi,

I've escalated this to Openreach now and I will check this first thing in the morning for an update on the fault.

Thanks

Willfox87
Sightseer

Hi, do you have an update? Thanks 

OCE_Debbie

Hi Willfox87

This fault is still in hand with Openreach and under investigation with a line engineer.

No additional updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

Willfox87
Sightseer
So it’s a week tomorrow with no phone or internet and no update on timescale? Even though it was fine before an engineer came to switch us to fibre, I’m really not happy about this!
OCE_Debbie

Hi Willfox87

Apologies for this. I will keep checking the fault ticket for additional updates/information from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie