Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ping Spikes

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi there,

Been with Tiscali for while now, But Every time I am gaming my ping seems to rise from 40 to 100 to 300, this happens every 5 minutes or even less. I don't know if it is because I am using wireless internet or what. It sucks because I have to have the router downstairs as there is no sockets available for me upstairs.

I also don't know if it is because the router is old or what. I would like to have this look at as the ping is just terrible.

I am using wireless to connect.

Thank you

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Update

Spoke to customer live chat.

They are sending a new hub, Once arrived I will Update this thread.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi peter,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Update,

Got the new router, But still getting the same download speed.

My ping also goes very high.

Highlighted

Hi peter byrne

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, I can then check the connection stats.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi Debbie, I have added the phone number to my profile thank you.
Highlighted

Hi peter byrne

Thank you. Please can you also send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account.

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I've sent you a Private Message
Highlighted

Hi

I've updated the router.  Line tests are all clear, no obvious line issues, no errors etc.

Is this only over wifi ?  Have you also tried separating the WiFi broadcast channels etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE