Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ping speed making on line gaming impossible

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi, I switched to TT from SKY a few weeks ago, while with previous ISP we had no issues but since switching to TT we have suffered numerous drop outs, variable broadband speed and a hugely varying ping speed which is sometimes over 1000mS. I have spent hours on the TT web chat service, they have so far replaced my router, had openreach out to a line fault that TT diagnosed and made me remove the front plate of the master phone socket where router is plugged in and install a separate filter. None of these have made any difference to the service and relationships in the household are strained as my son is finding the latency on fortnite so bad he keeps getting kicked out of the game. Of course it’s Dads fault for changing the ISP !. I get the feeling TT know what the issue is but they are not telling me ( overloaded server ). Anyone else suffering from same issue ?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Oh Simon I feel your pain bro, all we want is transparency. To be fair I think I’m one of the lucky ones as the speeds I’m getting are there or there about’s, but gaming is nigh on impossible and for the majority of my contract it’s always been the same, the amount of times i’ve Turned the router off for 30 mins or fully reset it. I do know one thing if my snr upstream is 7.2 or lower it’s okish and after about 2weeks it will go down to 6.2 and things are ok, but that was a while back, completely different now. I have evidence to prove im Getting a lot of packet loss final hop when using pingplotter but I can’t get any joy, all I want to know is there a problem from the cabinet to my property, in my property or simple over utilisation, if the latter it would make sense for so many complaints to fall on deaf ears.

Donny
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor

Personal details updated as requested.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Simon,

Thank you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed is varying. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Is the voice service also clear with no noise on the line?

I can see that DLM has made a change to the profile yesterday. Has there been any improvement over the last 24hrs?

Thanks