Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please help

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I upgraded to what I believed was super fast broadband only to find the confirmation email stating I was only entitled to faster fibre. This is not what I wanted and now I cannot get in contact with talk talk. I have a vulnerable child who heavily relies on the internet and the television. 

Has anyone encountered this? If so what did you do to resolve it?

Many Thanks

Highlighted
TalkTalk Content Team - TT Staff

Hi @Abi1977 I have passed this onto the team to pick up. Before we can look into your account please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public. Thanks.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I have updated my details for you.

Many Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Abi,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, are you unable to connect to the internet? Is the voice service ok?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
No that wasn’t the problem, the issue I have is I have upgraded to what I believed to be the super fast broadband and when I received the confirmation email it showed I have only got faster fibre. This is not what I want. I require super fast fibre. I have a vulnerable child here and the internet is very important. If I cannot get super fast set up then I need to cancel straight away.

Many Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Sorry, Abi1977, can you clarify what exactly you believed you were going to receive which you haven't? What speeds were you estimated?

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Philosopher

If you can't get the fastest service, that is because your line is too long to support those speeds.

Other providers using the same infrastructure can agree different "profiles" with Openreach on the line that can increase speed but at the risk of less stability.

Martin