cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor fibre and no telephone

Highlighted
Participant

Just checked 1571 on home phone then internet dropped, no broadband and no Netflix. Had to use data connection on mobile again. Talktalk service check shows 23mbs speed.

Too old to stand for any more nonsense
Highlighted
Participant

I just tried to post a screenshot using broadband which then interrupted and Netflix and mobile dropped out. Back to data.

Screenshot_20191209_212907.jpg

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jancun24

The line test is detecting a possible fault.

Is the router connected at the test socket? I can then escalate this over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie, if you mean the openreach MK4 master socket 5c then yes just plugged into front. Yes please another engineer. It's just blinking on and off again. My husband is using the telephone as well. Terrible telephone line.

Thanks Jan

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Could you remove the lower section of the face plate and connect just the phone at the test socket to see if the noise is still present?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Just took face plate off and connected just phone. Crackle and his still present.

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24,

Thanks for the update. I've passed this back to Openreach for further investigation. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

I don't know if I'm getting crossed messages from the text help and yourselves but I do reply and call and get cut off or have to start over again. The text part of this operation must be automatic replies because the times I've answered who I am and whether I'm the account holder etc etc. I have no idea....why can't I be told a day and then let me say yay or nay instead of going through the rigmarole all over again?

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

We now need to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have asked our Network Team to arrange the engineer visit and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

The engineer visit has now been arranged for Tuesday 17/12 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

I didn't get an engineer visit although I was told that they had tried to contact me I had no text. There were 2 phone calls from an unknown number but no messages left. The dropping out for broadband is more infrequent the only time being today at 5pm. Yet I have been the last 18 hrs in a&e after my hubby fell down the stairs. 

Another company was there on Tuesday putting in fibre wires. Nothing to do with BT. I have had what I think is a scam call from an Asian BT broadband provider telling me they provide my broadband and that I'm getting strange messages to my computer. I blocked him.

Screenshot_20191220_185552_com.android.chrome.jpg

Not sure what is going on now. 

Screenshot_20191220_185147_com.android.chrome.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The engineer should have still attended at the property if they were unable to contact you by phone, apologies for this.

I've asked our Network Team to check this with Openreach and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24

The engineer has left notes to advise that they were unable to gain access to the property when they attended at 8AM on the 17th. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

I waited in. No one knocked. No text was received .

Highlighted

Hi Jancun24,

I'm sorry for the delay. When are you next available for another engineer visit and we can arrange this for you?

Thanks