would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor internet performance still after engineer visit - 4 months aniversary

24 REPLIES 24
Lucascamara
Popular Poster

Hi,

I'm having a nightmare with Talktalk services. My problem is exactly the same described on the topic below:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Poor-internet-performance-still-after-engineer-v...

Since when I started with my Talktalk plan on 21st of September it never worked properly. The open reach engineer already came 5 times and the talktalk engineer came and said that the problem is external (openreach problem). Also I already replaced the router for a new one.

I really don't know what to do, because if I call talktalk they always book an engineer from open reach and it is not solving the problem.

Also I would lilke to be refunded for the 4 months but I cant, because talktalk always says that the compensation will be done after the problem is solved.

What can I do now?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Lucascamara 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
Information updated.
Community Team

Hi Lucascamara

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault on the line.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
I don’t have a phone connected to test the phone line. It is something external as talktalk engineer said
Community Team

Hi Lucascamara

Thanks for your reply.

We would need to check if there is a fault with the landline as this will affect the BB connection.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
Yes, I can, but it was tested by your engineer, so you probably have a report from him showing the results.

Community Team

Hi Lucascamara

We would need to confirm if there is currently a fault with the landline, we can then progress this fault for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
The phone is working fine. The problem is external on the fibre.
Bojangle
Chatterbox

Sorry Lucascamara,

You'll just get taken round in circles

Called Talk Talk because thats all they do.

They get you contracted then provide time wasting chatters instead of a working connection.

They blame everyone but themselves.

Never again !

Community Team

Hi Lucascamara

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
It is booked the sixth time visit from an Open Reach engineer for the next 72 hours. This will be the last change that you will have to fix the problem, otherwise I will cancel everything and get my money back.
Community Team

Hi Lucascamara

Apologies for this.

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday morning and we can then check the engineers notes following their investigations.

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster

After the openreach engineer visit, the broadband is much better now. It dropped out only three times and the speed is good as well. I think it still needs some ajustments because it can’t drop out.

Now I would like to be refunded for the 4 months that the broadband wasn’t working.

Thanks,

Lucas

Community Team

Hi Lucas

The line test is clear and your line is in sync at 63.8mb.

When you experience the drops do you reboot the router or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
Community Team

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your reply. Can I also check which router you are currently using?

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me pass this fault back to our Network Team for investigation or would you prefer to monitor the connection for a while longer?

Thanks

Debbie

Lucascamara
Popular Poster
You can pass this fault for the network team and refund me for the 4 months.