Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor speed following upgrade to fibre 65

40 REPLIES 40
johncaseybt14
Team Player

Following my upgrade to fibre 65 a few weeks ago my speed has dropped to very poor rates. I used to have 18-22 Mbs but now I get 10-12 Mbs. At times in the evening it is a low as 1Mb.

I have reset router and everything else that was advised but no better. Reported this 7 times but no better. Put a formal complaint in to customer services and all I got was a reference number. No help at all. Now it is impossible to talk to anyone in Talktalk. Dreadful service altogether. I am getting 3 months free on a 18 month contract but its not worth it.  

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @johncaseybt14,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes since the upgrade, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it connect at a more stable speed.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

SE001
Team Player

that's interesting

I also have recently 'upgraded' to the same fibre plan and have typical less than 10mbs download when my guaranteed minimum is 42mbs.

I wonder reading your post if the problems are specific to Fibre65

johncaseybt14
Team Player

Yes I have reset router and switched off for 30 mins. Even left it off overnight. Sometimes get 10 mbs other times 2-3 mbs. I do suspect the router is at fault but unable to speak to anyone at Talktalk as they cut me of during the ' checking on line process ' I did give my mobile but no callback.

I have been on the chat team now 5 times and they just start at very beginning of everything. I was given a reference number to save this but all ignored. I then put a complaint in by email and got an auto reply with a reference number and no follow up from 2 weeks ago. A further complaint advised me to talk to the chat team, exactly what my complaint was about.

The Talktalk customer service is dreadful altogether. Only in for 2 days a week! How can a company this size justify that? Hard to believe this is actually there timetable. Impossible to escalate this to a higher authority.

johncaseybt14
Team Player

Clearly states 7 days a week.

You can call us

We know some of you do need to speak to us, and our reduced team are available for all callers however please be aware that we prioritise our phone lines for customers who have already registered as needing additional accessibility support 7 days a week from 10am to 7pm

Thank you for your understanding.

Subject: Complaint re poor speed

Question Reference #: 210113-000903

Date Created: 13/01/2021 08.16 PM

Your TalkTalk Team

lexluth0r
First Timer

I also upgraded to fibre 65 and getting the same speed as my fibre 35 even though support said its been upgraded and was guaranteed 50mb. Will leave the router switched off overnight to see if speeds improve!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

You must start your own thread,  @lexluth0r.

Please return to the message board and click on Start a Topic. 

Staff will only reply to the original poster. 

You also need to complete your community forum profile details by adding your Talktalk landline phone. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
lexluth0r
First Timer
My issue is resolved left the router off for 30 mins and now get 60mb so chuffed to bits. Hope the OP gets his issue resolved swiftly.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi john,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Can I just confirm, are the speeds also low if you run a wired speed test? Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

johncaseybt14
Team Player

This is dreadful service. I have a complaint about this and nothing is being done about it. Questions are all ones I have already answered . Do you look at anything at all?
What is the point of all these reference numbers and complaint IDs if nobody looks at them. What does a customer with a fault and a complaint have to do. Maybe leave and never come back?
Ref 1st reported ignored fault  8th Jan 2021 REF. 8750236
Complaint about poor service 13th Jan 2021 210113-000903
16th Feb 2021 THIS COMPLAINT and want my fault fixed and a better service. Please act like a company that cares.

ferguson
Community Star

@johncaseybt14 The support team here are trying to help, can you respond to the points they raised?

johncaseybt14
Team Player

Sure can , what points are they that I have not already answered?

ferguson
Community Star

@OCE_Michelle wrote:

Hi john,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Can I just confirm, are the speeds also low if you run a wired speed test? Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

johncaseybt14
Team Player

I got an email and replied with this as shown??

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 12:06, John Casey wrote:
Hi there, I did a test last night . wireless was 10 Mbs, wired was 22 Mbs. I reset the router and left off for 30 mins after test. Then this morning I did another test, wireless was 8 Mbs and wired was 23 Mbs. Router is Huawei HG632 . Hardware ver is G.1.01. At time speed is as low as 1 Mbs and is at that stage unusable. I really need this fixed or change provider as I need for my worlk  

johncaseybt14
Team Player

and sent this also.

Hi Chris. I have one phone socket with a Panasonic cordless phone on it. Very little use. I have done tests with and without this connected and no difference whatsoever. On the router I have a powerline adapter going to my Youview box and a lan cable going to a Multi functional printer, again all tried disconnected with no difference.

ferguson
Community Star

The email is simply a notification from a no-reply address. All discourse should be conducted directly here on the forum. 

johncaseybt14
Team Player

No Reply, That sounds about right. sorry but I have no patience left with this whole thing.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, up to you. But have you have never had another notification email from any other contacts that is one way only? This is the way the forum works: you post; you get a reply; you post again. No communication is made directly by email. 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi johncaseybt14

I'm sorry for the delay.

Can I just check, have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

johncaseybt14
Team Player

No I have not tested it on a different router. Nobody has contacted me in relation to my fault or the complaint i put in weeks ago. I got a text message 3 days ago to say they were sorry I had to report a problem and gave me a reference number. The whole service is a circle of nonsense. The worst customer service I have ever encountered. I am a field service engineer and know what fixing things means, this is not it ! 

With all due respect a forum is not the way to talk to customers about faults.