Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Port forwarding on new wifi hub

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
First Timer

Please can someone help me can someone give me a step by step rundown on how to open ports 85 and 9000 as I’ve tried and I think I’m doing something wrong it’s for a CCTV system so I can watch the cameras remotely and I haven’t got a clue thanks in advance

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

see page 29-31 of keith's guide attached 

Thanks Stuart
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @stuart_smiles1

Do not distribute my guides, how do you know if that is the latest version of them? Anyway, that guide just tells you how to complete the rules, it does not deal with the end - end subject, unlike my port forwarding guide, which does.

Please just refer anyone to me that might benefit from them.

Hi @Mickyboy1

If you need further help with the port forwarding, send me screenshots of the rules you have setup & I will help you further.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Perhaps it would be useful if talktalk got a manual together and put it on their own website,

potentially based on the guides you had done previously or something similar, as I haven't seen anything that there is so far on how to do it. (as you noted),

I referenced the guide that you had previously put on a posting, and where you had referenced port forwarding, so that the person had the ability to do it for themselves, with some of the screenshots there.

The guide was on a post by you about a week or 2 ago, so it's unlikely to be that out of date. 

Don't really see why you'd have such a problem about it, if you have a better/improved guide then post that and it'll get used by others too. 

I have asked about manuals and release notes for long enough and it appears there is little coming forward, so people will make use of what is available to them, that they can find. 

Thanks Stuart
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @stuart_smiles1

TalkTalk only has their help pages. My guides are my own affair & my property. It was not a case of the one you sent out was only two weeks ago (last updated on the 06/07/2018), I can't be sure without checking the date on the one you used, my main point is that you sent out totally the wrong guide. Whilst it does cover the basic rule configuration, my port forwarding guide goes deep into everything from the internet all the way through to the application being forwarded to.

All of my guides are under constant revision - some only got updated yesterday as it happens.

There was a time when TT asked me to publish them in the community, that would mean a total rewrite. I tried this with a couple & all that did was give someone else the credit for them & I lost all editing rights to them.

So please do as I ask & just @mention me in a topic that might benefit from one of my guides.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Stuart,

I have just got the WIFI HUB, and need to view my cameras from my iPhone.  It was working fine with my old router.  I have set the DVR to a specific IP address and tried to port forward.

I set the protocal as TCP, and the External Port and Internal Port set to 34567.  

I am still struggling accessing the DVR outside the home network.

Please help.

Kind Regards.

Idris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for putting together the guide.

I have tried to follow it to configure my DVR using DYNDNS.  It was working fine on the old router but having challenges on the WIFI HUB.

I have used static IP address for the DVR and it is outside the DHCP range.  I have also port forwarded it.  I set the internal port and external port to 34599.

Your help would be very muc appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Idris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Keith

I have a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K10001400t.

I have two Foscam FI8918W cameras in my house that I'd like to access remotely.

I'd be very grateful if you could give me a step by step guide on how to set this up.

I have no problem accessing the cameras over Wi-Fi on my home network but I'm struggling to set up port forwarding to access them remotely.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 and have Malwarebytes and Vipre security installed and active.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers Ray

Barking Softail
Highlighted
Chatterbox
I was hoping that Keith would send me a copy of his latest guide to port forwarding but have not received a reply. Pity.
Barking Softail
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @RayGK

You have not @mentioned me, so there was no way I knew you had even posted on this old thread. 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread, especially with a complex subject such as this.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

If you PM me with a link to your new thread, then not only will I send you my guide, I will give you every support I can.

Thanks.

Keith

Highlighted
First Timer

@KeithFrench i was wondering if you can help me right now? help would be appreicated

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm having problems with online gaming on my ps4 and think it's something to do with port forwarding, tried applying the preset gaming rules on my WiFi hub but it made no difference