Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Powerline red light

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I've just noticed tonight that the middle light on my powerline adapter that is connected to my router is flickering red.

It's always been green before, I've tried switching the router on and off and also resetting the adapter but no joy. The adapter at the other side of the house is still all green.

Can anyone advise as to what this means or how to fix this ?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bobster,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you had a look at the below Help Article?

Fix a problem with your wireless Powerline adapters

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks Michelle. Bizarrely when I got in from work tonight it seems to have stabilised. I’ll keep a close eye on it though incase the flashing orange light reappears 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Doh, spoke too soon, just watching tv and it’s dropped the signal. Checked the adapter  and the red light is now on.

Ive followed the instructions on the talk talk website and after doing a factory reset and repairing both Network connectors are showing the red light now and I’m unable to get any signal at all .... aaargh !

Highlighted

Hi Bobster,

I'm sorry to hear this and thank for trying this. Did you purchase these Powerline adapters from the TT store or receive them through Customer Services?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi. I think that they were supplied as part of the original install to ensure that the signal could reach the the youview box which is in a different room from  the router and master socket.

Highlighted

Hi Bobster,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement for testing purposes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, that would be great. If you could let me know what you need to progress this ?

Highlighted

Hi Bobster

The replacement powerline adapters are on the way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks Debbie.

i’ll let you know if this fixes the issue 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie, 

I received the connectors today but these are different from what I currently am using.

Apologies but it may be my terminology but the connectors that I currently have enable an ethernet to ethernet connection via the main circuit in the house so that I can actually plug my you view box in which is in a different room to the router.

The items sent seem to be more for extending the wifi signal around the house ? The current items that I am using are much smaller and also don't allow pass through, just connecting to the wall socket and allowing for a cable to be connected. The have three lights horizontally along the bottom of the unit, the first for power, the second, which is the one that is flashing red, is for powerline connection and the third ethernet. Does that make sense ?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Actually scrub that. I’ve just noticed that the WiFi extender also has an Ethernet outlet on the side 

I’ve replaced by existing network adapters and it’s now working perfectly with steady green lights on both units.

its a bit more bulky than previously but at least the connection is now stable 

Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear the connection is stable.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES