Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem viewing Twitch (Error 2000)

8 REPLIES 8
Chatterbox

Hi everyone,

I recently switched to TalkTalk fibre from a different provider. No problems for a few days. Then I became unable to access websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Twitch using any device via wifi. I set up a SuperSafe account and turned content filtering off and on again for each device. 

This appears to have solved the problem of accessing those websites EXCEPT that when I go onto Twitch everything works except the actual stream. So I can view the homepage, I can click onto a stream, the chat is functioning but the actual video / audio of the stream does not load and displays Network Error 2000.

This error displays in the same way on all devices. Twitch works perfectly using mobile data. It is clearly therefore a problem with the router / settings but I can't figure out what. I have turned off virus scanning, this did not work. I have activated content filtering and specifically allowed twitch.tv, this did not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance, Ben.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ben,

Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have just had a chance to do this, router off for well over an hour, but the problem continues on both laptop and phone.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I should also add that dropbox appears to be blocked, so twitch is not the only problematic website.

Highlighted

Hi Ben__L,

Thanks for trying this. Are you using HomeSafe?

TalkTalk HomeSafe - An Overview

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

I had Kids Safe on with certain websites specifically allowed. I have now turned it off and twitch is now working properly. As is dropbox and the lottery website, which I also discovered is not working.

This is not a great solution tho as I have kids and wanted to use Kids Safe. twitch.tv I had entered as a website to allow - and it became accessible when previously it was not, save that the streams themselves wouldn't load. Surely there must be a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Ben

Highlighted

Hi Ben,

Could you try switching Homesafe back on and confirm that it still blocks twitch (sometimes switching it off and back on again seems to clear issues) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris, I had tried this before without success but it now appears to work, thank you for your help.

Ben

Highlighted

Thanks Ben, glad to hear it worked 🙂

Chris