I upgraded from the standard fibre package to faster fibre last Monday (9 days ago now).
On the old package I was getting about the maximum speeds (37Mb down, 9.5Mb up or thereabouts). Talktalk estimated a potential download speed on the new package of 60+Mb, but guaranteed 47Mb minimum.
So far my connection is sitting at 44.4Mb down, 17.7Mb up.
I have raised a ticket regarding this and I went through the issue with technical support yesterday over the phone. They said that the line was testing fine and everything should sort itself out in 24 hours. The speeds (and other router stats) have, however, stayed exactly the same.
I have a Sagem Wi-Fi hub running the 2816t software. This has been installed in the same place, with the same wiring etc. for the last 18 months.
In the course of troubleshooting this the router has been rebooted and factory reset. I have tried using the BT test socket vs the BT filtered faceplate on it (no change in stats). I have tried several different cables between the router and the socket (no change in stats).
My connection stats look like this;
Other than a change of less than 200kbps in the sync speed that is the same as when I raised the ticket (before all of the cable changes & a couple of reboots).
Does this mean that, for whatever reason, I will not be able to get the faster speeds on my line - or is there something else that technical support could try from their end?
Solved! Jump to the Best Answer.
I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the router connected to the test socket at the moment as it can take up to 48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable?
Thanks for looking into this Michelle.
Everything is connected up as it was when I finished my call to support on Tuesday, a little under 48 hours ago now.
My router's current connection time is just over 25 hours as I type this, I rebooted it yesterday. All of the numbers have been stable since Tuesday.
So, from what you've said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see some improvement tomorrow morning?
Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to monitor the speeds for a few more days now that the router is connected to the test socket to see if DLM makes any further changes to the speed?
OK, it looks like DLM is back - the connection reset overnight.
Unfortunately the results so far aren't great, the downstream speed has increased fractionally to 44890 actual / 43468 max (+500kbps) whilst the upload speed has decreased by a somewhat larger margin to 15464/15464 (-2223kbps).
Ok thanks. We can arrange an engineer to take a look at this for you. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details
If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:
I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details
OK to the potential charges.
With schools going back I'm afraid that my availability is reduced;
AM tomorrow (4/9/20)
All day Monday 14th - Wednesday 16th September.
All day Monday 21st - Tuesday 22nd September.
(I think that the upgrade will be 30 days old on the 16th, so I imagine we'll want to try and get it fixed before then)