cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with Twitch.tv and internet drop outs

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks Pete, we'll let our network engineers know, they'll probably call some time tomorrow (we have the mobile number that you've entered in your Community Profile)

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

any luck @PWhiteley12 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I was stuck on the phone with work and missed a call from a Manchester number (not sure if this was Talktalk). Tried to call back and nobody answered so will try it again tomorrow.

@OCE_Chris could you please ask your Network Engineer to call again if this was him.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi PWhiteley12,

Have you been contacted since your last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Where has GrayFox’ comment gone? has it been removed?

GrayFox (Team Player) posted a new reply in Fibre Broadband on 13-06-2019 07:55 AM :

Re: Problems with Twitch.tv and internet drop outs

Highlighted

Hi Notey,

"Where has GrayFox’ comment gone? has it been removed?"

Sorry, I don't know, I've checked our moderated posts and it's not in there (if that was the content of the post then there's no reason why we would remove it anyway)

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

A nice chap from there Network Team called and is taking some information off my line which he hoped will bring them closer to sorting things.

Will per you know when I hear back.

Thanks,

Pete

Highlighted
Team Player

Sounds food Pete! 

Did you let them know that multiple people are having the same issue?

cheers

Highlighted

Thanks for the update Pete 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes

He has access to the post by the sounds of it. He was aware of the issues and said he thought they had fixed it with a packet loss issue but that obviously didn’t so he will trace my line to see where it is falling down and have another look.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry. I deleted my original post since I didn't want it to go of topic with random people stating the same issues and, since an engineer was attending too certain people's issues. Still hoping this can get fixed soon though!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Just to let you know he’s been looking at the line today. 

I dont know what he has done but I now don’t have any issues with twitch on my laptop up to now. I still have the same issues on my iPhones/iPad which I think he’s still looking into.

Highlighted
Team Player

It sounds like he is manually configuring port forwarding for each device. So this would prove this being a routing issue? I am speculating here. Are you still having problems with your internet going off all together @PWhiteley12 ? 

I am sick of waiting for a solution for this problem. It’s not worth paying for broadband which can’t cope with basic things. I’d like to know what talktalk intend on doing in regards compensation for this? I can’t watch livestreams, Instagram pictures/videos don’t load, Discord is extremely unstable. It feels to me like we are back in the 2000’s. I have no clue how speedtests show 70 down and 20 up when there are clearly massive underlying issues with throttling which for some reason talktalk believe is an individual problem with each person even though there are a good half a dozen people here who have stumbled over this thread with god knows how many more people affected.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Just an update but been watching a stream for 30mins now with no issues at 1080p source..
Highlighted
Community Star

@Notey  If you are having issues beyond that with twitch.tv then it will be best to start your own topic so that you can get individual support. Every individual set up is different.

Highlighted
Community Star

A bit of light relief by the way. When I was checking twitch.tv for myself my 16 year old son wandered in and saw me online, he was amazed that I seemed to be engaging with it. I explained that it was for testing purposes, I am not sure if he was disappointed, or relieved, not something your Dad should be doing!  🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My drop outs have stopped and the only way I can access Twitch is off my laptop any other device and it still dies after a small period of time.

its not ideal but he seems to have fixed at least one thing just a clear explanation for everyone would be good.

Highlighted

Hi PWhiteley12,

Thanks for the additional information and I've just asked for an update now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Back to same old. Buffering and lagging all the time.....
Highlighted
Team Player

any update yet @OCE_Michelle ?

🙂