cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with Twitch.tv and internet drop outs

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Gonna have to wait till Monday for an answer now....

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I'm also having issues with twitch. Always buffering or losing connection. Only seems to happen on twitch.tv.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I'm also having issues with Twitch.tv constantly buffering. Didn't happen till I switch to talktalk. 

Highlighted
Team Player

any update please? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. I've been advised that they are still investigating this. I'm sorry that I can't give you a more specific update at the moment, as soon as I know more then I'll update this thread to advise.

MFlanagan - Could you please update your Community Profile to include your TalkTalk telephone number please. Please do not post any personal information on this thread.

GrayFox and MFlanagan - Would you both be able to confirm please which specific devices are experiencing this issue at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

this issue has been ongoing for several weeks now, I feel that we are just being pacified and little is being done to actually rectify the problem. Weeks are going by with no updates. We have heard nothing other than that they are investigating in. We have no timescale, as far as us customers are concerned, we are paying for broadband which is inadequate.

Highlighted
First Timer

I've updated my community profile, and I only use twitch on my pc.

thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

please don’t tell me this is still being treated as an individual problem. It’s affecting 10 of us on the forum who have just stumbled on this thread. There are probably hundreds of people affected.

Highlighted
First Timer

Also just because I've seen others mention it, I'm also in the east midlands.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The only people I have seen with the same issue seem to be based in the East Midlands.

No real improvement from anybody in the last two weeks and no real answers. Surely this is adequate enough treason to change provider without penalty?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I'm from Sheffield not the Midlands so not sure if it's an area issue. I have the DLink router talktalk supplied if that helps ....

Highlighted

Hi MFlanagan,

Thanks for updating your profile - can I just ask what OS your PC is running?

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi GrayFox,

Thanks for the information, could you let us know which device(s) you experience the issue on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Chris what did your Network Engineer report back in regards to the information he captured off my line? 

Highlighted
Team Player

I have enquired with a few other providers, I reckon it’s best to just change. I feel like I’m being completely ignored and there has been no update for weeks. 

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm sorry this is taking so long, our network engineers are looking into this, as soon as we have any more information we'll let you know

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Just an update I was speaking to the engineer again this morning whilst he was monitoring my line for the connections to the twitch servers etc.

it never faulted once in twenty minutes of streaming. Please test your streaming and come back. I am going to try mine again with peak traffic and see from there later on but the engineer who I speak to seems brilliant. Always on hand and doing his best to see where the problem may be so can’t fault him.

Highlighted

Thanks for the update, glad to hear there's been some improvement

Chris

Highlighted

Hi

Just to add to this, I've passed the further examples over to our Network Engineer who is taking a look now. We're not looking at this as individual faults, we're just trying to collate as much info as we can to try and pinpoint what exactly is causing this particular issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

you were testing on the laptop? @PWhiteley12 

I remember you saying that an engineer altered somethings and was able to make twitch work fine on your laptop but still problems on other devices.