Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with download speed after upgrade

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris yes one evening I did manage a full 15. something down but can't get more than 6 this evening, this is a real problem for me as I work shifts and a lot of the time I stream my favourite TV shows as half the time I work nights and can't see them live. 

Thanks to all the team for the ongoing help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hellogreg,

How has it been over the weekend? If no improvement please let me know and I'll ask our network team to take a look

Chris

Highlighted
Solution

Hi hellogreg,

How have the speeds been of an evening? Are they still slow at the moment or have they now improved?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Unfortunately things are still sane as, seems every evening after 9 pm things really slow down  and by 10  I'm lucky to get 9mb down sometimes even less.

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Thanks for retesting and confirming this. I've heard back from our Network Team that they have identified a possible issue and further investigations are now under way to resolve this. I don't have specific dates at the moment, however I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Our Network Team have made a change. Would you mind retesting the speeds this evening and letting us know if there are any improvement please?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Just checking in to see how the speeds have been?

Thanks

Team Player

I'm on night shift and hope to run tests on sun/Mon night.

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi all I was able to get 15 down during the problem times the past couple of nights which is a slight improvement.

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Can I just confirm, was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

These were over WiFi, however in all the times  over the past few weeks I have ran tests over both the difference had been negligible.

Highlighted

Hi

Can you run a fresh wired (not wifi) speed test today so we can see how things are performing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
I'll do that tonight and let you know
Highlighted
Team Player

ok I ran a few wired speeds tests tonight using my laptop and the talktalk speed checker which was the only device connected at the times of testing the last result was at 23:15 hours and I got 14 mb down and 17 up so no real change. 

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

I'll need to pass this back to our Network Team. Can I just confirm, are the speeds still ok during the day?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes speeds are grand during the day and early evening. Thanks ....

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over now to our Network Team and will let you know as soon as I hear back. It's possible that our Network Team may also try and make contact with you directly.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle I wonder have you heard back from the network team yet as I haven't. At this stage I think I've had just about enough of being messed about, this has been going on too long with as far as I'm concerned. I am now looking at other potential ISP's for the service that talktalk have so far failed to deliver.

Highlighted

Hi hellogreg,

I'm really sorry that you haven't been contacted. Would you like me to raise this as a complaint and for someone from our Tech Complaints Team to contact you directly?

Thanks