Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Fibre Speed Boost - no change to connection

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Same issue here after a month, just started my own thread about it then read this. I live in central London so I doubt distance from a line or whatever it is should be an issue - honestly though I am clueless about the technical side of things here, I don't know how to check. Surely talktalk should check this themselves from our postcodes before selling this option 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mattmurdock4321

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

thanks Debbie, I just updated my profile. I just checked my connection speed today and it's down to 10mb!

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 11.50.18.png

Highlighted

Hi mattmurdock4321

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 40mb. Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

I will do, and I have clocked speeds up to 37mb recently ... however this is unchanged from my previous plan, I was told the speed boost I added should provide a minimum of 60 mbps 

Highlighted

Hi mattmurdock4321

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some further details.

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Matt

Our Network Team are currently investigating the issue with the fibre speed boost but in the meantime I've made some changes to help resolve this issue.

The speed boost should be active within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie