would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Speed drop

6 REPLIES 6
MarkElmy
Popular Poster

Me too!
Which i could follow with a crass violation preference .. but I'll refrain!

I too suffered a SEVERE drop in speed from (at best)64Mbs although usually 60Mbs+

Down to a mere 38 Mbs

Isn't Sam Know Analystics worth their weight in gold in these circumstances

I'm so sick and tired of hanging on the phone being lied to about my distance from the exchange .. I'm under 1000 metres (0.6 miles) (they tell me its 5000+ meters .. I switch off occasionally!!) Especially when they start with these lies

And then theres the "Minimum guaranteed speed of 35Mbs
Why when i used to get 64Mbs can you TALKTALK no longer provide the same??

You slow the line to enable additional subscribers

Sucking them in with advertising standards rule breaking misleading adverts like the attached

"Average download speeds of 63Mbs" (My *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* - as Jim Royal would respond)

Ooh! I've just noticed we can only attach one attachment per posting - See next for Sam Knows report
Whats with the 'Valid extension BS - Its a jpg!!!!!

Mark Elmy
MarkElmy
Popular Poster

Please see attached

Mark Elmy
MarkElmy
Popular Poster

Ooh!!! Aren't we touchy

Since when was *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* a sware word?

For those that can't figure out what I'm trying to say (after being censored) Is that the adverts are lies - 50% of the locality CANNOT get the average speed quoted so don't get fooled

Since TALKTALK were taken over and the new management started abiding by the 'minimum guaranteed standard' Its all gone down hill

Where once they strived to make you happy as a customer (OK it took forever and hours on the phone)

You still have to spend hours on the phone (another 90+ minutes of my life which I'll not get back yesterday) but now you're lied to about distance from exchange and the speed being SLOWED BY OUTREACH - which was a new one on me yesterday
And where once they would send round an OPENREACH engineer (its how I got 64Mbs) now they state that theres nothing wrong with the service

EXCUSE ME!!!!!

Whats wrong with the service is its lack there of - NO SERVICE
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE - being passed from pillar to post before eventually (by a member of the tech department) There's another laugh!!!!

She couldn't tell me what was wrong or how to fix it if her life depended upon it - I had to book a call back from a member of technical services who manage the speed boost - why not pass the phone across the table

Before the callback telling me about OPENREACH reducing the speed of the line

TALKTALK have their own DTE (Digital Terminating Equipment) in the exchange - THEY TALKTALK control the speed

Another few minutes of my life I'll not get back

Think I'm off to Plusnet or Zen
Theres a handy website .. 
https://broadband.which.co.uk/packages?location=NR35%201HT#/?broadbandType=Standard,Fibre&btSport=&c...

WHICH (who I subscribe to) are worth their weight as far as I'm concerned!!!
TALKTALK were 9 out of 10 BB providers - another poor customer services report in which they feature as the worst (bar one)

Mark Elmy
zebidee88
Enlightened One

Like you I am only a talktalk customer, but what it all boils down to in the end is that the service will only be as good as the cables/fibres it comes through.

I get 22mb on a good day, there is a fibre cabinet 23 paces from my front door, but the one I am connected to is a quarter of a mile away.  Openreach own the cables/wires not TT and on the website in your link they all offered exactly the same speeds.

However TT could do much to improve their call centre/chat line service.

Community Team

Hi MarkElmy,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

MarkElmy
Popular Poster

Updated

At last people are taking my difficulties have been taken seriously

Overnight things have 'miraculously' improved - now back up to 61Mbs

Mark Elmy
Community Team

Hi Mark

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 64.4mb.

When the speed drops have you ran a speed test using a wired device or only wireless?

Thanks

Debbie