cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Wireless Channel will not stay, keeps reverting - bug in router firmware!

7 REPLIES 7
slwuk
Popular Poster

Hi. I have the same issue, router and firmware. Every day I need to manually reset the 5GHz channel as certain devices don't work on the channel it automatically switches over to which is really a pain. How do I disabling WiFi Optimisation on my router?

Thanks,

Steve

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay. Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

slwuk
Popular Poster
Hi

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I would like the WiFi Optimisation turned off please.

Many thanks
OCE_Debbie

Hi slwuk

Apologies for the delay.

The Wi-Fi optimisation technology has been switched off on your line.

Thanks

Debbie

blacksheep
Chatterbox

Hi,

I am having similar issues with 2.4G Wi-Fi, I made a post about this yesterday. This sounds like the same issue. Please turn off optimisation on my router as well.

Thank you.

OCE_Debbie

Hi @blacksheep

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

blacksheep
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

I created a new topic yesterday, it's the only topic created by me.

Thank you.

slwuk
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

My Wi-Fi optimisation technology has somehow been switched on again. I'm having to reset the channel multiple times a day. Could this be switched off again please?

Thanks