Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: Xbox one and WiFi hub

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I'm sorry, I don't know where to post this. So I have my Xbox connected via Ethernet and my talk talk router is next to it. My son was using his Xbox on WiFi but he moved to a bigger room and now it's not working so good. Even his YouTube is loading and lagging, never mind fortnite! A 2nd Ethernet cable will not stretch from my router to his Xbox (I've tried), so is it possible to get a 2nd router? I keep asking talk talk and they have no idea what I mean! Nobody understands and I'm on my own. I just wanna play Red Dead but can't have my son not using his Xbox lol. Please help Xbox, talk talk tech people! Kerry 🙂

Highlighted
Community Star
Hi Kerry Lew welcome to the community. It is best to start your own thread, saves a lot of confusion. Where? I'll try and move it for you to fibre broadband.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Star
Well that worked, have you tried powerline adapters? They work for me, try and get pass through so you don't lose any plugs.
Highlighted
First Timer

Ok thank you so much. I haven't a clue how to use this yet. Thank you.

First Timer

I've heard of them but I have no idea. I will research it a bit. I'm such a tech noob, I only just work Twitter haha. I just wanna play Xbox but feel so sorry for my son who is lagging all over the place lol. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about, at a very good price https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA4010PKIT-Passthrough-Powerline-Configuration-Required/dp/B01G5Q9E0O/re...
This one does not have wifi and has one outlet port for the cable to your sons Xbox
needless to say other makes and suppliers are available
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I got a power adaptor thing and it's brilliant! Thank you so much for your help, it works great. My son's Xbox is working perfectly now, no lag or buffering. I bought the cheapest at Currys haha £24.99. Thanks. Have a great week 🙂