Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re-using the Huawei HG633 with another provider

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Team Player

I am leaving TalkTalk and I currently have the Huawei HG633 router.

Is there any way of re-using the TalkTalk router with a new provider?. I am moving to NowBroadband.  I logged into the router, but is there is place to change user name and password? (are these relevant? Or are connections automatic?).  NowBroadband only supply a 2 port router. I want a 4 port router. It would be nice to re-use existing equipment, rather then equipment ending up in landfill?

Highlighted
Community Star

@rajeshk4u to be fair to TalkTalk, and they are far too polite to say this, wouldn't you be better talking to your new supplier?

So long as your supply is not fibre the modem router should work.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Team Player

"wouldn't you be better talking to your new supplier?"

I did ask for help on NowTV forum. They refered me to some posting on TalkTalk forum, but they were for other  TalkTalk routers. I am switching from TalkTalk fibre to NowTV fibre. 

The router, has a TalkTalk logo (when logging in)......

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If you set the connection mode to ADSL rather than auto in the router config then this should allow you to change the username / password.  You can then change the connection mode back to auto.

With fibre, authentication details are not required as these are done at network level, but I don't know what system Now use.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE