would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Receiving ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on some websites

7 REPLIES 7
Just Incredible
First Timer

Evening,

I've noticed on some websites I received a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR when trying to access them. (for example www.teamviewer.com website), I have checked and it doesn't appear to be down.

I have tried them on 2 separate machines running Windows 10.

Tried connecting via LAN, same issue.

Reset the router (Sagemcom FAST 5364)

Checks security settings for SSL/TLS

removed proxies, cleared cache/web history, uninstalled & re-installed Chrome, Edge & IE

This also happens on my phone when I try to access it via Wi Fi, however when I disconnect from Wi Fi and use mobile data, I am able to access the site perfectly, So the problem appears to be from either the Router or the ISP itself.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

Patrick.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi, Patrick welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the first. TeamViewer is routinely blocked by  talk talk but the team here can sort that for you.

It might be worth changing your dns settings Using 3rd Party DNS 

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Patrick.

As Divsec has said, we do block TeamViewer by default. If you'd like us to switch off scam protection (which will unblock TeamViewer), please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

Just Incredible
First Timer

Yes if you could unblock it that would be great.

Patrick.

viewer625
Conversation Starter

Don't know about team viewer but I have seen that error a lot using "tv downloader" on W10

Same router, same fttc line but W7 no error and works great so maybe it is a W10 issue

Community Team

Hi Just Incredible,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

Just Incredible
First Timer
Its been sorted now. I ended up contacting the helpdesk who were able to get it removed.

This thread can now be closed.
Community Team

Hi Just Incredible,

Ok thanks for the update.

Thanks