cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Receiving only 5-20% of advertised speed

Highlighted
Team Player
Apologies, I can no longer do the Friday, it'll need to be Saturday 29th.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

OK, it's unlikely that it will be available but I'll try, so would you like Saturday 22nd PM first if available?

Highlighted
Team Player
There seems to be some confusion here, your last post said you'd look into the Friday 28th, and it was that day I was saying I can no longer do.

To clarify, the only days I can do a full slot are as follows:
Friday 21st between 1300-1600
Saturday 22nd between 1300-1600
Saturday 29th between 1300-1600
Highlighted

The afternoon slot is 13:00-18:00 not 13:00-16:00 is this still OK?

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes
Highlighted

Sorry but just to confirm, are you available for the full afternoon time slot tomorrow afternoon (13:00-18:00), it's just that you initially said you would only be available for 1400-1700 - sorry, just want to be sure before I ask the network team to book it (if it's available)

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
I see, I can do the full slot tomorrow.
Highlighted

OK thanks, I've passed on your availability to our network team. I'll let you know when I receive confirmation of the date booked

Chris

Highlighted

Hi MattD7,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for tomorrow (21st) PM as requested - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Can't help but feel like the last engineer was convinced the issues sat with TalkTalk, is there any information you can provide to the engineer or myself beforehand to try and point him to where an issue could be?
Highlighted

Hi Matt,

Our engineer will be able to discuss the issue with the Openreach engineer over the phone during the engineer visit.

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi,

I have spoken to the previous engineer that arrived as he has briefed his colleague who is visiting on this occasion.

He will arrive in 30mins or so and I mentioned about openreach being able to talk with a TalkTalk engineer but he asked if this is the typical 2st line support they typically use, or if you're able to provide a number that they can get through to a higher level team (such as 2nd line TalkTalk or an engineer direct?

Understand you may not be able to provide this line to me, so could you advise on how he may be able to contact a TalkTalk engineer?
Highlighted
Team Player
He's here now, if you cannot provide a number then perhaps I can pm you the openreach engineers number and they call him?
Highlighted

Hi MattD7,

I've checked the notes and our network engineer has included a list of things that he would like the Openreach engineer to check

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
It sounds like we're getting to the point it is going to be openreach stating its a TalkTalk issues,something about the cable link again.

He has performed the standard tests and spoke to his 2nd line who advised nothing they can do.

He's now speaking with TalkTalk but when he references 'cable link' it sounds like TalkTalk do not understand, sounds like he's getting nowhere with TalkTalk.

Openreach have mentioned there are a few identical faults within the area with TalkTalk.

Sounds like TalkTalk on the phone won't do anything and my openreach engineer will leave in 5 mins.

Before he goes, can you give me someone he can talk too?

Highlighted
Team Player
Engineer has left.

Absolute waste of time sending him as the faults remains with TalkTalk.

TallsTalks 'openreach support' soundes completely clueless and uninterested, offered no advice but to document the visit. The previous engineer done this, yet you send openreach again. To be honest, it didn't even sound like he knew what 'throughput' was.

The sad thing is that the engineer has provided me his number so that I can let him know when my issue is resolved and how, so that I can let him know for the next time he, or his team visits a TalkTalk customer with the same problem. Now that's customer support, right?

I want this fixed, openreach want this fixed (they even leave my property geunily disappointed they can't do anything more}

TalkTalk? They couldn't care less.

Unfortunately I need to wait a few more weeks to raise with ofcom, but meanwhile, other than contact TalkTalk executives through LinkedIn to express my disappointment, can you advise how I can raise my complaint further than where its currently sat? Senior TalkTalk management need to understand how your poor this service is to enable change and improvement, I don't want others to go through this - it's stressful!
Highlighted

Hi MattD7,

I'm really sorry that the Openreach engineer was unable to resolve the issue. I can escalate your complaint to our CEO's Office. If you'd like me to do this could you let me know how you'd like to be contacted. I'll also try to get an update from our network team

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Via mobile (ending 771) as I do not use a land-line.

Typically 17:30 onwards works best for me.

Highlighted

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I've raised the complaint

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you.

Note I'm now unavailable for the entirety of Thursday 27th June