Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reduced speed on my line

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Had problems in December with dropped connections old talk talk router was at fault. Sent a new router connection is fine.

Was getting 38mb download speeds and max downstream rate was shown as 55000 kbts on router. Also had the option to upgrade to super fast fibre.

Now line speed has not gone back up currently max downstream shown on router is 37000  kbts. Actual connection is below 35mb. Also no option now to upgrade package to super fast fibre. 

Problem is has my line been reset, or has it now been capped in terms of max speed.

I want to upgrade to super fast fibre or at least get back into my old speed 38mb download.

Harbs
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi HarbsD,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Could I just confirm, what was the make and model of the original router? Is the replacement router the same or a different make and model?

The speed boost is only available if there would be a significant enough of a speed increase.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi the old router a HG635. New one is the latest talk talk hub router see attached screen print for software version.

I have also attached a document with screen captures of router stats from my old router that show maximum downstream rates from 59mb to 55mb (this was the normal maximum) and some lower ones. These also show actual downstream connections from 40mb, 38MB (this was the normal connection speed) down to around 35mb when I had the problems in Dec 2019.

I am on the normal fibre package but always had the option of upgrading to the super fast fibre package. This only went away after the problems in Dec 2019.

The line is currently fine no noise on phone or dropped connections with the new router.

Issue is maximum downstream has dropped from 55mb and above to a max of 37mb now and actual connection speed was 38mb or higher now below 35mb download speed,

The attached Word documents include the print screens.

Harbs
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry old one was HG something Huawei router

Harbs
Highlighted

Hi HarbsD,

Does the HG635 router still work or is this experiencing a fault? If it does work then would it be possible to re-connect this router so we can see how the connection stats and sync speed compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi I recycled the faulty router so have no router other than the new one I am currently using.
Harbs
Highlighted

Hi HarbsD,

Ok, would you like us to send you a HG633 for testing purposes to see how the speed compares with this router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi you can do if you think it will help.

I am using the new talk talk WiFi hub router with latest software, see attached doc in previous reply.

Harbs
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Would it not be a good idea to request a line reset from Openreach. As I doubt that there is any problems with the new WiFi hub I am using. 

Harbs
Highlighted

Hi HarbsD

A DLM reset would require a Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie