Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reduction in speed since renewal

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I  renewed my contract several weeks ago and you kindly renewed my old router  from a Huawei HG 633 to a Sagemcom fast5364 hub.I have  allowed time for DLM to stabilise the  connection  but have now had a  decrease in speed Of 10 -12 meg .I used to get a speed of 33-38 megs with the old router this has now dropped to 22-23;The location of the router has not  changed. would it be possible to check the line for faults etc .Thanks in advance

Digger
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Diggerkaz

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 25mb.

Would it be possible to power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then connect the router at the test socket whilst DLM is monitoring the connection? We can then check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
These instructions have been followed so will see I this makes a difference .It hasn’t yet kicked in to increase speed but I live in hope.
Digger
Highlighted

Hi Diggerkaz

Thank you. We will check the connection stats again on Friday.

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Diggerkaz

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is still in sync at 25mb. I will check the connection stats again on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks
Digger
Highlighted

Hi Diggerkaz

The sync speed has remained at 25mb. Do you still have the old router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Changed to old router to test socket and left it unconnected for some time then connected after two days the download speed dropped to a very poor .5 meg download to a slow 15 meg  and this is very variable to 20 meg at sometimes. Will now swop back to the hub and hope the speed stabilize to a more acceptable level.This is really is most annoying I wish I had not changed in the first place

Digger
Highlighted

Hi Diggerkaz

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is in sync at 29.1mb so it appears that DLM is now starting to adjust the profile and increase the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Debbie 

Many thanks for all your help have seen a much improved connection.Will monitor the speed but am happier so far with the increase

Digger
Highlighted

Hi Diggerkaz

That's great 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie