Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Regular disconnects + slow speed

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Participant

Hi all,

My internet completely disconnects from all devices (wired + wireless) around 3-4 times per day which is obviously highly annoying! Also the speed quoted is far below that of what I signed up for (was promised between 56-79mbps whereas I'm actually receiving around 26 mbps when I run a speedtest.

I can't phone up support as I get no phone signal in my flat (other than wi-fi calling which will obviously disconnect when they do tests!) and don't have a landline.

Any advice appreciated!

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi reids,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Thanks for the reply Michelle,

I do have a test socket which reports the same speeds (although not sure if this will fix the dropouts).
Highlighted

Hi reids,

Thanks for confirming this. How long was the router connected to the test socket for as it can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable?

Would it be possible to connect the router back at the test socket so we can see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Now re-connected. Will leave for a couple of days then report back!
Highlighted

Hi reids

Thank you. If you post back on this thread on Wednesday then we can check the connection stats/speed again.

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

I think the reliability aspect seems to have improved and there's been marginal improvements on the speed (up to 29mbps) but is still nowhere near what was advertised and promised!

Highlighted

Hi reids

I've checked the connection stats again and your line is showing in sync at 71.6mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

I can confirm that this has worked and the speedtests are showing the correct speeds now. What's the next step to get these speeds not through the test socket? Does the faceplate need changing or is it something more serious?

Highlighted

Hi reids

Thanks for keeping us updated. You could try connecting the face plate and router back in your usual set up to see if the connection now remains stable.

Debbie