cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Renewed Contract, Ungraded to Faster Boost Fibre but not getting anywhere near 66.8 Guaranteed Speed

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie

Yes if you think that will help.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Thanks for all your support on this Debbie

😉

Community Team
RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie

Just a quick update. The Replacement Router has been fitted since Friday and the only difference in the Synchronised Speed as of Saturday is the Upstream speed has increased. The Downstream is still under the recommended.  See Below:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 18488

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 60905
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 18469
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88308

You will remember I talked about the upstream speed while speed testing was/is only around 10Mb, well, I thought a speed test from my sons would be a good idea and on his the upstream is just over 16Mb. Don't know what would cause my PC to throttle the upstream! Do you have any ideas?

So the only thing you need to sort at your end is the Downstream Sync Speed.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Is the router still connected to the test socket? Are you also using the new cables and microfilter that came with the replacement router?

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie

The way its configured means its always connected to the test socket.

If you intend performing any changes/tests which will disrupt my connection can you avoid the below times for around 5 mins at each of the time intervals?

06:30

09:30
12:30

15:30

16:00

18:30

21:30

00:30

Another thing is, it would seem the new router hasn't really made a difference so should I refit my old one or leave the new one in place for now?

Thanks again 😉

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry,

Apologies for the confusion, did you also change the cables and microfilter when you connected the new router? What wired throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

I only fitted the New Router and Power Supply!

If you want I will fit the phone cable and Micro Filters? Not holding my breath though 😉

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry,

It would be worth trying the new cables and microfilter just to rule this out. What are your current wired throughput speeds at the moment?

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

Please see attached for Speed History

I will fit the leads later today.

Cheers

Ry

Speed History.jpg

Community Team

Hi Ry,

Ok thanks. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has increased slightly since your last post so it looks like DLM may still be optimising the connection at the moment. 

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

Quick update for Sync Speeds, See Attached.

Also just to let you know the small increase in Download Speed occurred after fitting the new Micro-filter and lead.

Cheers

Ry

Speed 11-04-2019.jpg

Community Team

Hi Ry,

I've checked the sync speed again today and again it has increased very slightly since yesterday. Hopefully DLM will continue to improve the speed over the weekend. Apart from the speed, how have you found the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi  Michelle

Overall it seems OK

Lets hope DLM does some overtime this weekend 😉  Hee Hee

Cheers

Ry

Community Team
RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle/Debbie

It seems the DLM has gone on strike!  Its not budged since the 16th from:

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 61597

That's with the replacement router and new cables.  I still have the old one here, I didn't want to return it until we had sorted the sync speed.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi

Next option is to raise this for an engineer. I'll PM you with the info required.

Just to list where we are up to with this,

Guaranteed minimum speed 66mb.  Actual sync 61mb.

New router and cables at test socket.  Profile correctly set at 80/20

All tests pass however there are errors showing on the line.

No voice issue present.

Thanks

Karl. 

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl

I think Debbie tested the line and came back saying there were no faults.

I will go and view my PM now.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi

The test does pass, but in the details of the test it does show increased code violations and these should be minimal.

As the DLM profile settings are correct for the line but the speed is still below expected the only way forward is an engineer.

Thanks

Karl.