cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Renewed Contract, Ungraded to Faster Boost Fibre but not getting anywhere near 66.8 Guaranteed Speed

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl

I live literally across the road from both the Fibre and Copper Cabinet so I was wondering if the standard DLM profile isn't suitable for being so close.  I don't want to waist an engineers time or mine if a profile change performed remotely would do the trick.

Also just to let you know you sent an engineer round many years ago who QC'ed my setup and was happy with it and found no faults. My setup has not changed since then so I very much doubt there a fault appeared internally when nothing has been tempered with.

Just to add, Sync Speed has decreased more.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry,

As the line test hasn't detected a fault then the next step would be to arrange an engineer to investigate further.

Thanks

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Again Michelle

I have not organised an engineer yet because I am thinking of moving my router downstairs to improve wifi BUT.

I have mentioned in the past I live very close to the fibre and analogue cabinets so one would think output power (dBm) would have to be reduced and this seems evident on the Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 19112 which is above the Maximum line rate of 19108. This is obtained with a Upstream output power of (dBm): -8.9.......  If you look at the Downstream output power which is where we are unable to reach the minimum speed at (dBm): 14.2 suggests to me the Downstream output power needs reducing or at least needs to be near or around the Upstream output power of -8.9 NOT positive 14.2.

Screenshot of speeds/power is attached.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ry

Line Rate.jpg

Community Team

Hi Ry

This would need to be investigated and discussed further with a BT Openreach engineer.

Thanks

Debbie

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie

So do you understand what I am saying and have I made sense, if so, will you be speaking to a BT Openreach Engineer for me?

I thought you guys at TalkTalk had access to changing the output power?

Thanks Again 🐕

Ry

Community Team

Hi RazzOne,

We would just arrange the engineer, the engineer will run tests on the line and carry out any work (if required and possible) to improve your speed.

Thanks

Chris

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris

So when your colleagues advised I needed to organise an engineer visit were you talking about a BT Openreach Engineer?  I thought you meant a TalkTalk Engineer.

If you were referring to BT Openreach Engineer then I will reply to my PM and organise it.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team
RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

OK lets organise this then because those output power's don't seem right to me.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi RazzOne,

I've raised this to our network team. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris

Yea I'll be in touch tomorrow.

One last thing, should I put my original router back before the engineers get to work?

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Thanks. It doesn't really matter about swapping routers, you can leave the current router connected if it's more convenient

Chris

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Chris wrote:

Hi RazzOne,

I've raised this to our network team. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Just giving you a bump like you asked.

Please keep me updated

P.S. If the engineers foresee router reboots, is it possible they can avoid the following times?

06:30 - 06:40

09:30 - 09:40

12:30 - 12:40

15:30 - 15:40

18:30 - 18:40

21:30 - 21:40

00:30 - 00:40

If they cant avoid these times then I will disable my app that runs at those times

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Thanks for the bump, I'm chasing this up with our network team, I'll let you know when I have an update

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Our network team have confirmed that this has now been logged to Openreach as a non-appointed task, we should have an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

That's great Chris I really appreciate it.

I will be back in touch on Monday

👽

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Chris wrote:

Our network team have confirmed that this has now been logged to Openreach as a non-appointed task, we should have an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry I forgot yesterday to give you a bump so here is one today: BUMP 🙂

Community Team

Hi RazzOne,

I've requested an update on the fault now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi RazzOne,

Our Network Team have advised that the line test is now clear and that the current sync speed is slightly below the guaranteed speed. How is the performance of the connection at the moment? The next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Thanks