cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Renewed Contract, Ungraded to Faster Boost Fibre but not getting anywhere near 66.8 Guaranteed Speed

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle

Stability seems ok and performance as expected for the current 'slower' sync speed of:

Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 54707....... I was getting around 61500

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 16808............ I was getting around 19000

This is significantly slower not slightly slower, wouldn't you agree?

The only thing I can see the engineers have done is somehow lower both MAX Upstream and Downstream which has in turn lowered the SYNC Speed.  So there action has had the opposite affect of what we were trying to achieve!

Also just to add, this was supposed to be an unattended visit by BT Openreach but i have not seen any engineers at either cabinet.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi RazzOne,

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Would you like us to do this? If you would then we'll just need to confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris

I think I will first move my router downstairs to improve the WIFI and see if this improved the sync speed because it will eliminate the extension into my cubbyhole. I am not holding my breath though because I have also tried the router plugged directly into the maintenance socket and sync speeds were the same.

Once I have moved my router I'll be back in touch.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

Ry

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Just a quick update guys.

My router is now downstairs connected to maintenance socket with below speeds. I will leave it for a few days then get beck in touch.

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 17346
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 61429
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 17346
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88304

Cheers

Ry
Community Team
RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Guys

I've tried new router and old router both connected to test socket and still it will not reach the minimum guaranteed 66.8 connection speed so I think its time for an engineers visit.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Ry

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Ry

The engineer visit has been arranged for 06/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

RazzOne
Wizz Kid

Hi Guys

Just to let you OpenWorld Engineer has just left and the speed is up to:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 20000
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 70355

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 20132
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 88040

So at the moment we are over the Minimum Guaranteed speed of 66.8.  So hopefully it stays above.

Thanks for everything we got there in the end. I will keep monitoring to ensure it stays above the minimum then report back probably for the last time.

Cheers

Ry

Community Team

Hi Ry,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris