Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Renewed my contract, but I have not received a new WiFi hub

10 REPLIES 10
Floyden
Popular Poster

I have recently renewed my contract for faster fiber, but I have not received a new WiFi hub. So, new customers get new wifi hub, but old still have to use old one? I do not think it builds loyalty to the company. Because this means that after two years with your company, I renewed the contract for the next 18 months, in exchange for loyalty, getting exactly the same service (speed), but it is more expensive. 

Floyden
Community Team

Hi

If an existing customer already has one of our super routers that is compatible with fibre then a wifi hub would not be provided.

The current HG633 router works fine with fibre.  When I tested a new wifi hub after using the HG633 for 2 years, I never noticed a difference and I have a lot of wifi kit set up.  to be fair, I did not have an issue with the HG633 so that's probably why I did not see any difference when swapping the router over.

Thanks

Karl. 

Floyden
Popular Poster

First of all, I have a D-Link 3782 (no USB 3 port, no gigabit ethernet).
Secondly, I received an offer to renew the contract by e-mail, where it was written that they offer me a price of 26.5 / month and the link transferred me to the site where the new router with new contract was advertised.
Eventually I got 27.9 / month and no new router.
Mobile phone companies, when your contract is over, encourages you to stay with them, with a better price or a new phone or both. Here I got the higher price only. Really embarrassing approach to the customers - maybe they have too many customers?
Should I finish the contract and sign again to be treated like a new client? Seriously?

Floyden
Floyden
Popular Poster

Capture.PNGOffer for a NEW customers - lower price per month, and new router

Floyden
Floyden
Popular Poster

Offer for a NEW customers - lower price per month, and new router

Floyden
ferguson
Community Star

Can you post a copy of the email? Obscuring any personal details of course.

Floyden
Popular Poster

Capture.PNG

Floyden
Floyden
Popular Poster

I got a higher price, two months before the end of the contract and no new router

Floyden
Floyden
Popular Poster
Floyden
Popular Poster

So, new customer can get same service for 22.5 and new router.

Thank you for your service TalkTalk, and goodby. Be shure, I will tell everyone about it, social media love such topics.

How to cancel contract at all?

Floyden
Community Team

Hi Floyden

I'm really sorry that you are unhappy. 

if you wish to cancel you need to call our cancellations team