cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Renewed the connection - have we got the right router?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi annRyan

Sorry there is still no update on this issue, Ive tired today to add the boost unfortunately the error on the account remains and is still being investigated. 

Sorry again.

Conversation Starter

Thank you @OCE_Arne, Sorry to hear our account is causing an issue.  Does it work on new accounts? As long as we could retain all our emails, can we not get a new account and then port everything across?  Thanks again for trying. Just want it to work as we've been customers for a long time and we've never had an issue until now.

Hi @annRyan

Starting a new account would mean that you will lose service for 10 days, so I wouldn't recommend that as an option, Its not just your account there is a few more with the same problem, and it is being worked on im sure. 

Its frustrating I know, but we will sort it ASAP. 

Conversation Starter
Hi,

We spent an hour chatting and going over the same questions and answers today. We first reported this issue on 15/7 and there has been zero progress and very little communication. We still can't get the boosts applied. A strategy of "check back in 3-5 days" isn't working and escalations don't seem to resolve this. Could someone please explain exactly what the problem is in getting this fixed? Surely, it's a priority now??

Also, anyone who has the same issue, let us know. I'd like to see how long you've had the issue.
Conversation Starter

Any update or are you just waiting to see what happens? Still running at a speed lower than we were promised when we signed up.

Conversation Starter
Still no fix or reply. We checked our account and we can upgrade to 150Mbps. Is this guaranteed? Or will we have the same issues?
Community Star

This thread probably fell out of the workflow some time ago,  @annRyan.

I'll re-escalate it to make sure that you are in the queue for attention. Replies from staff are Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2

Hi @annRyan

Really sorry that this is still ongoing, the problem reported earlier in the year is still ongoing. I have re-escalated the problem again. 

As for Fibre 150, according to our system the Minimum Guaranteed Download is 110mbps. 

Regards

Hi annRyan

We have manage to fix the problem now.  Your speeds should now increase. 

Sorry it took so long

Conversation Starter

Wow! Great news.  How can we tell or verify this?

The router says the link speed is 40018 and a speedcheck show 37mbps rather than the 72Mbps.

The boost can take upto 2 hours to activate.  you can also try and power down your router for 30 mins to reset the connection 

Conversation Starter
Thank you. We will give it a couple of hours.
Conversation Starter

Thank you - we now have the faster speed connection.

Thank you so much for the hard work. We had to push a bit but you came through.  We've been with TalkTalk a long time and never had an issue, only a morning's downtime over many years and we've got the good service we needed.  Thank you again, we can't thank you enough.

We might look at the 150 service in a few months.

Conversation Starter

The difference to speed is very significant.  However, the router has rebooted itself twice this morning which is very inconvenient. Is there an issue?

Also, our bill has suddenly jumped to £35.00 this month from around £26.  Is this because the boost we couldn't have for six months has been added? Could someone explain why? Thought we might get a bit of a deal with the issue we've had!

Hi @annRyan

There is no charge for the boost, 

the extra charges appear to be your free discount for the calls boost has ended on the 13th Jan. As an apology for the long delay with the boost I will re-instate it. 

Conversation Starter

Thank you. We chatted with the Tech team and they were very helpful.  They are going to send us a new Router to hopefully solve the dropouts we experienced.

Thank you again.  That 150 Mbps sounds very tempting.

Conversation Starter
Seems really good, very easy to setup and we will monitor any dropouts. Fingers crossed.

We need to setup and IP Address reservation for our printer. What are the steps to do this?
Conversation Starter

Thank you for the amazing service.  Looks like someone updated the firmware and we can now reserve an IP address. Thank you TalkTalk! 

This widget could not be displayed.