Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reporting and update on fault reported weeks ago

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I have had extremely slow and intermittent broadband for months now.- (This is way below what I was guaranteed when ordering). I have received no updates apart from a call from an engineer two weeks ago, saying there was nothing they can do until they can enter the property, unless I pay more to upgrade. 

I have had to purchase a sim card in order to tether a service so that I can work and I can try and homeschool my children. .-

How do I go about getting a refund A) for the sim card, B) the absolutely shocking service, C) given that it could be months before this is sorted, why can you not just upgrade me? D) I am unable to change my account email listed on my account and am now being charged for paper bills. 

I was warned by friends when initially ordering, that TalkTalk is awful. Why didn't I listen? - I fully appreciate that these are extremely difficult times, but the customer process is shocking. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry for the delay and to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Could I confirm, does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Michelle 

I have already been through this with the engineers, several weeks ago. They said it was an internal issue and that they would escalate it. That didn't happen, the fault was marked as resolved and i am having to start the whole process again. 

They said the only way this can be resolved is that I upgrade to fibre - but why should I have to pay more, when the service I already have doesn't work?

I was also promised a call from the fibre team by Weds of this week - Guess what, that didn't happen. 

Highlighted

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update. The reason we're checking this is to try and rule out as much as we can in case the engineer is unable to enter the property due to COVID-19 guidelines. Would it be possible to confirm if your master socket has a test socket as this will help us try and eliminate the loop fault that the line test has detected?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

It only has one input - see attached

I have still not received a call from the Fibre team either. - Can you also confirm the cancellation process please? - The service is well below what was guaranteed speeds.

IMG_20200530_104835.jpg

Highlighted
First Timer
HI, ANY CHANCE OF A REPLY, PLEASE?
Highlighted

Hi Danf2020

Apologies for the delay.

This master socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate.

Please can you remove the lower section of the face plate and connect the router and filter at the test socket so we can run a line test in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie