Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Requesting a new router please

30 REPLIES 30
technika
Participant

I'm currently struggling to keep my internet from cutting out every hour and i have already spoken to somebody on the live chat twice now and both times i was refused a new router because they somehow thought my router was working fine because there was no connection issues after running a test. They made changes to my line speed and now its cutting off again.

Im currently using a HG633 router.

Motocross Lover!
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi technika

I'm picking up a possible fault on the voice (phone) side of the circuit.

Can you listen to the home phone and tell me if the dial tone is clear, or do you hear any noise, distortion or crackles when making calls.

Thanks

Karl.

technika
Participant
Hi Karl I've just checked the house phone and the line is crackle free. No background noise also.
Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Hi

OK, I've a new router on the way to rule out the hardware causing the issue.

Make sure when you connect the router, that you use the new filters and cables also.

Thanks

Karl. 

technika
Participant
Thank you karl. merry christmas 🙂
Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Hi technika

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

technika
Participant
After using the router and the included filter its still randomly cutting off and coming back on again so not sure what is going on since ive been on fibre for quite a bit and never had issues last this long before.
Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Hi technika,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that the connection is still unstable. I've re-run the line test which is clear. Just to confirm, does the master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

technika
Participant

Yeah im currently plugged into it but its still doing the same. Its seems to just cut off and then come back on again 2 mins later.. its just frustrating when you are playing online and get cut off all the time..

Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Hi technika

Apologies for this.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see re connections on the line.

Just to confirm, when the connection drops do you reboot the router or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

technika
Participant
I just let it re-connect on its own. I can understand talktalk wanting to save money but they are sending out refurbished routers and expecting it to fix the problem. The HG633 routers are no good.
Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Hi

The HG633 routers are fine, I was using one for the past 2 years with a lot of wireless kit and 2 games consoles with no issues.

If this is still dropping, then the next option is to proceed towards an engineer.

I'll PM you with some details we require.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi technika,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi technika,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for tomorrow (17th) PM (13:00-18:00) please let us know how you get on 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi technika,

Thanks for the PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problem, I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow 

Chris

Community Team

Hi technika,

Our network team have advised that we'll need to arrange another engineer visit if your connection is still dropping. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you give a couple of dates and time slots when you can be available 

Chris

technika
Participant
Any day and any time is fine chris.
Motocross Lover!
Community Team

Thanks technika, I'll let you know when I receive confirmation of the date and time slot booked

Chris

technika
Participant

Is there no chance i could get the latest router sent out to try and rule out if its a hardware issue since the router i got sent out was the same as the router i already have issues with. 

Motocross Lover!