Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reserving IP Addresses on TalkTalk Sagemcom Fast 5364

26 REPLIES 26
Steve__P
Chatterbox

I’ve been discussing my issue with the technical team at Talk Talk who sadly are unable to assist me with what I feel should be a basic element of their router. They have made it clear they do not support the router or its firmware they upload to their devices and recommended I post the problem here.

I’m currently using the Sagemcom FAST 5364 under the latest version SG4K10001E00t and am trying to reserve internal IP addresses so that I may broadly catalogue similar devices together in their own range and ultimately control them independently. So in Advanced Settings à Talk Talk Wi-fi Hub à DHCP I have a button saying ‘Reserve IP Address’. When hitting this a red error message ‘invalid IP address’ appears 3 times on the page beneath my DHCP IP Address, Ipv4 Pool Start address, and IPv4 Pool End address. Equally, the same message appears if I were to try to change the DHCP IPv4 Pool Start and Pool End addresses.

Now I’m unsure whether this is a condition of the latest firmware but what I do know is that it previously worked a couple of months ago as I managed to reserve a particular IP address for a specific device using its MAC address. I know you are also able to reserve an IP address under each device connected to the router but this obviously only gives me the IP address that the device is currently using which may not always be satisfactory, plus if you revert to doing this and trying to alter the IP address later in the DHCP function explained above then the same error message similarly appears.

I’ve looked at a couple of suggestions here on the community, including one suggesting removing the whole IP address and not just editing the last couple of digits, but in my case this didn’t make any difference.

I'll be grateful for any other suggestions, or hopefully a fix for this issue.

Community Team

Hi Steve

All TalkTalk technical teams support our routers and the firmware on these (for the record). 

Reserving IP addresses is something we have discussed previously with our devices teams and this has been implemented into a later firmware that is in the process of being rolled out. 

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can look at this for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Steve__P
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

Thanks for replying, I've added my home number for you to check.

Regards, Steve

Community Team

Hi Steve

I've pushed an update to your router, reboot everything and give this a try.

Thanks

Karl. 

Steve__P
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

I can see that you have just changed my firmware to version SG4K10002600t, this appears to work allowing me to reserve IP addresses.  Thanks, however I wasn't expecting this (it wasn't communicated to me) or a remote reboot disconnecting my ADSL but fortunately no damage done.  Can you tell me what other changes there are in this firmware? Presumably it's going forwards not backwards?

Regards, Steve

Community Team

Hi

It's definitely going forwards.  Some bugs have been fixed that have been called out by people across the community.  This is only an interim firmware, there is a major update in the works currently with further improvements and we hope to have news of that soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Steve__P
Chatterbox

Hi Karl

The major firmware update is definitely needed.

I'll let you know how I progress with the version you've uploaded to me and will revert back with any comments.

Thanks,

Steve

Community Team

Excellent. We have a weekly meeting with our device manager where we discuss firmware issues or feedback, and he really loves the input from our community.

Karl.

Steve__P
Chatterbox

For information, the firmware upgrade to SG4K10002600t seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for you help Karl.

Community Team

Hi

glad this has solved the problem for you. There is still an issue we have identified with device names being lost at reboot so our teams are looking at this.

Thanks

Karl. 

talkashtalk
Popular Poster

Hi

I also have this issue of invalid IP showing up 3 times when trying to add static IP addresses.

Is it possible i could get sent this new firmware also please¿

Many thanks

Community Team

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

talkashtalk
Popular Poster
Done
Thanks
griff121
First Timer

Could you please update/link to the latest router firmware for my 5364 as I don't even get the option to reserve an I.P. address; this is fundamental for my network as I use various devices that rely on having a consistent I.P. address and the alternative of having to set each device its own address will be a royal pain.

Griff
griff121
First Timer

Thought I'd just turn the 5364 into a modem only  by switching off DHCP and allowing a router in front of it to handle DHCP, but oh no.  Turning off DHCP in the 5364 returns an "Invalid IP address" under Hostname  IP address and IPV4 pool range.  This is a serious firmware bug, which has been flagged up in this forum. This is completely unacceptable.  If (1) I can't turn off DHCP or (2)  can't even reserve an IP then this equipment is not fit for purpose and I'm cancelling my contract.

Griff
Community Team

Hi Griff,

You do have the latest firmware currently available but there is new firmware being tested that's due for release soon. When the firmware is rolled out your router will be automatically updated, apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime

Chris

talkashtalk
Popular Poster
Hi Chris
When this new software begins roll out, is there somewhere we can see what's been changed\updated\added\removed?
Cheers

Ash
Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry but we don't publish a list of the changes in the new firmware, however if it's something specific that you would like to know if it has been fixed then we can probably check this for you.

Thanks

chtechie
Team Player

@griff121 

Hi, I'm running firmware SG4K10002808t , afraid I can't tell you when it updated as I've been on holiday for a while (could have been early this morning as I had a reset around 3 am).

Great news under DHCP I've got a button ' Add Reserved Address ' also the router seems to have added my current fixed addresses automatically.

Hope you get this update soon & also hope it cures your issue.