Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Return of the service speed reduction faster fibre

10 REPLIES 10
Dazzer1976
Team Player

i had an issue 6 months ago complaining that my service speeds have been throttled down

i complained, threatened to leave to go to BT and logged 2 senior complaints to service managers and blow and behold within 1 day my service jumped back to 74 mb (what i contractually signed up to !) talktalk have dropped my speed back to 55mb .......AGAIN 

Ive been checking this AGAIN and sneaky talk talk throttled me back from 74mb as per screen shoots back to 55 mb

FIX IT OR WERE CLOSING OUR ACCOUNT AND GOING TO BT ! 

Sick and tired of having to check im being duped 

anyone else having the same issues ......looking at the forum its a common talktalk thing !Screenshot_20190417-092440_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20190417-092426_Speedtest.jpg

DAZZER1976
Community Team

Hi Dazzer1976,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a couple of tests on the line which haven't detected a fault. Is everything ok with the voice service? Has the equipment set up changed at all since the increase in sync speed?

Thanks

Dazzer1976
Team Player

hi 

NOTHING HAS CHANGED 

ive had the same issue with this 6 months ago 

my line has always been 74 mb plus or minus 2 

i complained about this once before and my wife complained high up within talk talk 

my service jumped back to 74mb from generic 60 you were giving me

its not an increase in sync speed its a decreased 

no issue over voice 

just service drop .....

DAZZER1976
Community Team

Hi Dazzer1976,

Did they let you know what they did to resolve this previously? If you're confident that this is not related to any of your equipment or internal wiring then we can ask our Network Team to investigate this now. Would you like me to pass this over for you now?

Thanks

Dazzer1976
Team Player

please pass over 

my screen grabs show that my line was at its normal 74 mb but has decreased im not prepared to be fobbed off again with unplug sockets mater sockets etc 

theres been no changes at all to my sysyem or master wiring yet service has dropped 

im curious as to whats happening as my next door BT customer has never seen his 74 mb dropp in over 4 years and his only 4 meters from me 

we are both less than 30 metres from the fibre cabinet so speeds should never drop 

we complained to the CEO last time and line miracusly jumped up and stable to 74 mb but has degraded over 1 month back to lower speeds 

if i pay for 74 mb and have been getting it i want it restored ASAP ive informed my wife who is in the process of escalating this AGAIN to your CEO 

Screenshot_20190417-092426_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20190417-092440_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20190417-100100_Chrome.jpg

DAZZER1976
Community Team

Hi Dazzer1976,

I've raised this over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

Dazzer1976
Team Player

still no change or notification 

tested today again and no change

DAZZER1976
Dazzer1976
Team Player

Screenshot_20190418-080906_Speedtest.jpg

DAZZER1976
Community Team

Hi Dazzer1976

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi

an engineer has been requested - will post back as soon as this is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

An engineer has been booked in for 23rd April AM (8-1).

Thanks

Karl.