Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Firmware update

ANSWERED
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Problem Solver

So, I've had the new WiFi hub for a few days now. When I go on the service centre it tells me my router can't be identified. Now this in itself is not a problem. My issue is I don't know if my software is up to-date or not. It is currently running version SG4K10002810t. If there is a newer version could one of the OCE's please update it.

Thanks in advance.

Chalkiejim

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

That is up to date.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Thank you. Is it quit normal for the service centre to not recognise the router?

Highlighted
Community Star

The service centre can be a bit flaky at times. It may just be because you have recently swapped the router out. Are you having any issues with your connection at all?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I did earlier today. My connection was stable but I lost 10Mbps for about an hour. It's all good now.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, don't poke the bear! If anything else crops up you know where we are.  🙂

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chalkiejim

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version. How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi Debbie. It's been good thanks. Nearly 3 days up time now.

Highlighted

Hi Chalkiejim

That's great 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi Debbie. So I've logged into my router today and it lost connection at about 3am. I now seem to of lost 10Mbps download speed

. I have gone from 33.7Mbps to 24Mbps. This is exactly what it did the other day. The noise margin is still 6.4. My upload speed doesn't seem to of changed. Once again I am below my guaranteed speed. I can't keep rebooting and hoping for the best.I know it's not the router as have tried with an other.

Highlighted

Hi Chalkiejim

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats again and it appears that DLM made a change to the profile on 24/06, this may be why the connection dropped.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I don't really know. I did refresh the gateway on the 24th at around 1700 hours BST to see if the speed would come back up. Although the speed is slow at the moment it is stable. I don't know what an engineer visit would achieve and it's very hard for me to get time off work at the moment. Do you think it would be worth giving it a couple of weeks to see if it comes back up by itself. Or even turn the router off for a full 30 minutes to see if I get a better connection. Please advise.

Highlighted

Hi Chalkiejim,

Thanks for the update. It's possible that DLM may increase the speed again. Yes, you could try the 30 minute router power down but we'd recommend only trying this once.

Thanks

Highlighted
Problem Solver

OK. I'll do the power down thing tonight when the kids aren't all using the internet. Then I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if it settles down with higher speed. I will keep you updated with any changes.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Well I done the 30 minute power down and it made no difference. I've disconnected everything in the house that was connected to the phone line. I even took off the face plate of the Openreach MK3 socket and connected using DSL filter to the socket inside. I would understand it being slow if the noise level was high, but it isn't. I don't really know what to do. Leave it a while or have an engineer visit.

Highlighted

Hi Chalkiejim,

Thanks for the update, has the connection been stable (I can't run a line test at the moment)?

Chris

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi Chris.

The connection has now been up for 2 days. The real problem is the lose of 10Mbps. The connection is, I believe, more stable with the lower speed than what I had with the extra 10Mbps. The reason I say this is ever since I lost the speed my Now TV and other live streaming apps don't buffer anymore. Wether or not this is a coincidence I don't know. I'm just really confused. I don't want to pay for an engineer to come out and tell me there's nothing wrong, but I don't want to be paying for speed that I'm not getting. Please help.

Regards

Chalkiejim

Highlighted

Hi Chalkiejim,

The line profile isn't capping your speed to the current sync speed so could you just try switching the router off again for 30 minutes just to confirm that it's definitely not going to improve

Chris

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Ok. Will do that tonight when kids in bed. I'll report back tomorrow.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hi Chris.

So I done what you asked. Connection is still up but the speed is still down at the same. There's no improvement at all. 

Regards

Chalkiejim