Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router IPv4 Pool End bug, SG4K10002600t

12 REPLIES 12
silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

I have only just joined TalkTalk and am not impressed that such a great router has been ruined by stupid management decisions to cripple the firmware under the misguided thinking it will reduce customer issues. Instead you have caused more problems!

Why couldn't you have just left the basic router control settings alone I do not know. 

The IPv4 Pool End address validation now has a silly bug!

As I have all of my devices set with static IP address, (a very common practice in the modern world). I cannot change the default address of 192.168.1.1 to my basic requirements as the Pool end address throws up a silly error of "invalid address" 

Can anyone explain how a bug as silly as this was able to get though basic testing, and when this will be fixed please?

In the meantime it looks like I'll be using a old router and bin-ing the pointless paperweight your misguided management decisions have created.

Not a good introduction to TalkTalk.

Community Team

Hi

This bug has been addressed in a later firmware that is currently undergoing internal trials.  Pending the results of the trial this could be ready to deploy soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl, that is good to hear.

Any reason such a silly bug managed to get though previous testing? 

Community Team

Hi

This was an intermittent issue and was not recreated here when tested, but I had this intermittently at home as I needed to change the IP range for another router I had connected.

Thanks

Karl. 

silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

Any news on a release date for this firmware update please?

Are we looking at days, weeks months away?

Cheers,

Phil

Community Team

Hi Phil,

The trials teams are just about to start customer trials next week so should not be much longer before a full rollout provided no major issues are identified.

Thanks

Karl. 

silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

That's fantastic news!

Thank you to you and the trails team!

muzly
First Timer

Any updates on this?

Community Team

Hi muzly

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

muzly
First Timer
So you'd prefer me to start a whole new thread asking the same exact question? That seems ridiculous.
muzly
First Timer
Are you for real? Let's say I did ask the same question, we go through the same conversation and at the end, I ask for an update on the release of the new firmware...

What would you say?

Or let's say it was Silverfoxphil who asked my question. What would you say?

Asking me to start a new thread instead of just answering the question seems utterly ridiculous to me. I am actually completely baffled.