Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Orange Light Flashing

3 REPLIES 3
Dougie391
Popular Poster

Internet is connected but flaky and keeps dropping - all day long. Orange light flashing non stop. Called TalkTalk and engineer gave me a number to call back in 20 mins. So I did - I called back but the lines were closed, office shuts at 7pm message. Slightly annoying! Prior to this no issues for months. Got a University online exam tomorrow so hope Internet connection works by then!

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Dougie391,

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Dougie391
Popular Poster

Tried all that. Orange light still flashing.

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dougie,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks