Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Orange light/router failure

9 REPLIES 9
keeno02
Chatterbox

I'm having problems with my current router (had it couple months) the newer Sagem Fast router.

In short, I've raised an issue via the chat and spoke to 2 different people. They kept wanting to send an engineer as they weren't sure of the issue even though I explained several times that I borrowed my neighbours tt router and could get my internet working fine. They still want to send an engineer, which i refused and i'm currently awaiting a call back about it. 

The router is flashing orange, has stopped broadcasting any SSIDs, I can't get an IP address via DHCP when cabled directly in via ethernet nor can i ping the DG if i used a static IP. I've also tried doing a factory reset on it. 

To me, this clearly shows I have a faulty router and I just need to get TT to send a new one out. Is there anyway i can get someone on here to help push this along? i've been down since Sat morning now. 

Cheers

Mike

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

keeno02
Chatterbox

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried the chat and that wasnt useful. I've currently got a complaint number and awaiting a call. 

All my settings are updated 👍

Community Team

Hi keeno02

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

keeno02
Chatterbox

Thanks Debbie, much appreciated. I will let you know on here.

Does it come with any tracking details? 

Community Team

Hi keeno02

No problem 🙂

If you post back on this thread later this afternoon then we should have the tracking details generated by then.

Thanks

Debbie

keeno02
Chatterbox

Just a nudge to get the tracking information please. 

Community Team

Hi keeno02,

Sorry there's no tracking information showing yet but most routers are delivered next day 

Chris

keeno02
Chatterbox

I can confirm the new router has arrived today and the internet has come up instantly on this new router. Thanks for getting this sent out. 

Community Team

Hi keeno02,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks