Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Problems and False advertising.

26 REPLIES 26
Johnross000
Team Player

I was due to leave in mid feb, but got 19.95 deal signing up online to the new faster fibre deal of 40Mbs - I also was supposed to get half price speed boost p/m of £2.50 but soon as i signed up this was increased to £5 per month, and even though i was also supposed to get the newest upgraded router included, i was also told this would not be sent as i was an existing customer.

I have been having problems with the dlink originally recieved when signing up a year ago, then was sent a HG633 , still some problems, even though i keep contacting Tech services, they still seem to be reluctant to provide or want to retain existing customers by ensuring we are satisfied with the service as much as trying to gain new customers and throwing eerything at them.

2019-02-10 (1)_LI.jpg2019-02-10.png2019-02-12.pngAlthough i am on Faster Fibre with a £5 speed boost, my speed are still way less than the guaranteed minimum speeds i was supposed to get, and i was tricked into paying more for this than advertised and bumped out of a router i thought would have been sent as part of renewing my contract to replace the router i was having issues with... Now i have a new 18 month contract totalling £24.95 for minimum speeds of 65Mbps with an estimated normal speed between 72-78Mbps advertised on signing up.

Community Team

Hi Johnross000

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are unhappy. 

Ive added the discount for the speed boost. 

In relation to the speeds your line is currently going through stabilization where the speeds will fluctuate for around 14 days ending on the 16th Feb, if the speed remain low after this date we can start investigating. At this time line tests are not showing any issues on the line. 

Continue to monitor and let us know. 

Johnross000
Team Player

Thanks I had the email regarding this a short time ago and was confused but delighted that this has been applied to the account.

My biggest concern was the router problems and the speeds, i was hoping that i could get the newish router to see if this improves this and also the wifi connection to the front door camera as it disconnects from this most of the time, amongst connectivity dropping out and resetting the connection every few days. Also the router is plugged into the only master socket and there arent any other places to plug in an extender or rewire the router closer as it an upper property with a front door located at side of the property (my own front door)

Thanks in any case for the discount on the speed boost, really appreciate this as online chat team were not helpful in trying to apply this when i enquired about it originally, saying there was nothing they can do.

Appreciated @OCE_Arne 

Johnross000
Team Player

Hi there, i left it till the 23rd to recheck but the speeds are still lower than expected and the router page shows even though my expected was in the high 70s, guaranted 65

Thanks in advance

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
6 days 0 hours 41 minutes 15 seconds
Community Team

Hi Johnross000,

Sorry to hear that your speed is still a bit low, how many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Johnross000
Team Player

Hi, i have a prefiltered Master Socket 5C that has an RJ45 and an RJ11 connection seperate of each other, this is the only socket in the house and i am using the ethernet connection on the router to my computer, and this is the only device currently connected and the latest test result is https://www.speedtest.net/result/8068590401

which is still far short of the estimated 78Mbps and the minimum guaranteed 65Mbps

This isnt just a recent problem but rather seems to be ongoing and still getting asked the same questions, no offence, but just seems to be going round in circles all the time.

Thanks in advance

Community Team

Hi Johnross000

Would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket for 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection/speed in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Johnross000
Team Player

Hi, i took of the cover of the filter but there was no test socket that fitted any of the connectors i have seen before.20190226_131322.jpgi had removed faceplate20190226_131913.jpgonly socket in house

ferguson
Community Star

You need to connect a plugin microfilter to the test socket, then you can connect your phone and router via that.

Community Team

Hi Johnross000

The test socket is at the top. if you use a micro filter then you can connect the phone and router.

Thanks

Debbie

Johnross000
Team Player

Hi,

I connected the microfilter at 5.25pm 26/02/2019

Please advise on the outcome of the 48 hour test in due course

Thanks

John

Community Team

Hi John,

Thanks for connecting the router at the test socket. Could you bump your thread on Thursday and we can re-check the connection stats again to see how the broadband speed compares.

Thanks

Johnross000
Team Player

Hi am reporting this is now just over 48 hours since test socket plugin and bumping post as requested thanks,

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Johnross000

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has dropped slightly to 57.9mb.

I have passed this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Johnross000

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Johnross000
Team Player

Thanks, i have replied to your PM,

I dont think i shouls be liable for charges outwith my property, and as i am connected using the master socket directly at the test socket, (which the sync speed is worse than using the MK4 filter plate on it), i cant see where the problem would be within my responsibility to be charged by Talktalk

ferguson
Community Star

You won’t be liable for charges outwith your property, if you are confident that you have eliminated any possible internal issues then the question of charges should not arise. You nevertheless have to agree, otherwise Openreach will simply not undertake the work.

Community Team

Hi Johnross000

Apologies, we would need to confirm possible engineer charges before we can arrange this visit.

If the fault is found to be with BT maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

Johnross000
Team Player

Good Morning

Apologies ok yes i will and can you inform me when the engineer can come out to check.

Kind Regards

John

Community Team

Hi John

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie