Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Problems

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi 

I've been having trouble with my fibre broadband disconnecting for the last 3 months. I thought it was the connection dropping for a long time but I have had a sort of breakthrough. I have found the connection itself is fine, its as if the router stops passing the internet through after a device has been using it for a while. I can play ps4 fine on a wired connection then out of the blue I will have 2000ms latency making games online unplayable if I pull the ethernet cable from the back of the ps4 and pop it back in i can log back on fine. The same is true for our phone if they have been connected for a while they will drop to 0.5mb speeds and have huge latency but turning wifi off and back on will restore the connection. So far i have had new cables filters 3 new routers 3 engineer visits none of which have solved my issue. If anyone can help please 

Highlighted
Community Star

What make/model of router do you have & is the PS4's Ethernet adapter able to run at 1000M (1Gigabit), or is only 100M max?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Keith

The router is a Sagemcom Fast5364. The ps4 has a 1 gigabit ethernet connection. But this problem is the same across all devices connected to the network I have a chromebook on wired connection and laptop on wireless and they are the same if your using them. 

Highlighted
Community Star

In that case, I'll ask the OCEs to investigate.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. You mention in your first post that you have tested with 3 routers. Were they all the same make and model or different?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Michelle

Its been 3 of the same Sagemcom routers. Ive added a network switch before the router and its now been 4 days without any problems so fingers crossed its sorted now thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chris

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie